Need To Search Footage For Movement In Certain Spot

chspyder

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some BI h264 video I need to look for motion in a specific spot like how we mask video for motion recording, but it seems like there is no way in BI to do this.

I am looking for 3rd party Smart Search like software, or if I am totally overlooking this feature in BI please help me.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
CHS

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have some BI h264 video I need to look for motion in a specific spot like how we mask video for motion recording, but it seems like there is no way in BI to do this.

I am looking for 3rd party Smart Search like software, or if I am totally overlooking this feature in BI please help me.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
CHS
If you want to be able to find motion in a spot after the fact, you will need to look at a more expensive vms.
Unless you need to look through many days of video, its easy to find a change by simply grabbing the timeline and scrubbing it or pay the video at 256x until you see a change.

chspyder

n3wb
Reaction score
Scrubbing works but is not the easiest thing for full time recording. Also expensive vms (or even cheap) haven't been best for us they all loose a lot of features to gain one in other places.
Trust me I've used a lot and so far blue Iris has been the most comprehensive and user friendly we have used.
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Scrubbing works but is not the easiest thing for full time recording. Also expensive vms (or even cheap) haven't been best for us they all loose a lot of features to gain one in other places.
Trust me I've used a lot and so far blue Iris has been the most comprehensive and user friendly we have used.
Thanks
Then you will just have to live with it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry but that is the rudest comment ever.
Hopefully someone will help with a suggestion.
Another snowflake. Guess you have not seen my other comments. This doesn't even make the top 500. There is no solution. You will have to live with it. No one is going to change that fact. You want a feature? email support and ask him for it. There may be reasons why he cannot implement it. This forum is not a safe space. Dont like a blunt answer, you can leave and not let the door hit you on the way out. Ill go a step further, your entire idea to feed your clips through a third party app is insane! There are lots of comprehensive and user friendly vms'. You haven't looked.

Last edited:

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua's free SmartPSS has a Smart Search feature.