Need wire pinout for Dahua HFW4300S V2

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need to replace the female ethernet jack on my HFW4300S V2 (or directly splice to the cable with the ethernet pigtail). I found, unfortunately, that Dahua does not use any standard color coding for the wires to the RJ 45 pigtail and the 12V injector pigtail.

Where the wiring plugs to the camera main board, I've got 8 wires into a 12-pin connector: Blue, Orange, Purple, Brown, Black, [empty], [empty], Red, [empty], Green, [empty], Yellow.

I've been able to figure out the following at this point, at the camera main-board the following colors (I use 568B pattern for ethernet terminations):

Blue corresponds to ethernet pin 6 (ethernet green)
Orange to ethernet pin 3 (ethernet white/green)
Purple to ethernet pin 2 (ethernet orange)
Brown to ethernet pin1 (ethernet white/orange)

The POE and 12V injector wiring is a little more problematic, and I'm guessing it's due to some electronics in the dongle that's between the camera and the two pigtails (RJ45 and 12V power). POE + on the ethernet side is bridged blue and blue-white. POE - on the ethernet side is Brown and White-Brown, bridged. The black wire at the camera connector shows continuity with the ground of the 12V injector pigtail. Unfortunately, due to the electronics in the middle, I can't find continuity for the red, green, or yellow wires between the ethernet pigtail or the 12V pigtail and the camera connector.

Neither Black nor Red appear in the RJ45 pigtail, so my guess is that Red at the camera is 12V+ and Black is Ground.

So, I'm left with green and yellow mystery wires in the RJ45 pigtail. Which of these gets connected to POE+ and which to POE-?

Any advice for this little problem is very much appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I've done it the hard way... carefully slicing a spot of insulation off the green and yellow wires. The green wire corresponds to POE- (the brown/brown-white pair at RJ45 pins 7 & 8). The yellow wire is for POE+, RJ45 pins 4 & 5.

Now comes the "fun" part, connecting these wires to a new keystone, or direct splicing a cable to the old pigtail. Sealing the puppy up afterwards will require some self-fusing silicon wrap tape.

If I have something wrong here with the connections, please let me know. POE is 48volts, so things get cooked in a hurry if you hook it up wrong.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help you or not so take it with a grain of salt, but here is a pinout for a POE PTZ from them, I'm hoping they use similar wiring for the RJ45's on all their cameras.

POE PTZ Pinout

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Sean!

Unfortunately, since Dahua doesn't seem to use any standard wiring code, it doesn't help much in my present circumstances. I will save the info for when I need to work on one of these cameras.

As it turns out, the RJ45 keystone may not need replacement... it may be a different POE problem, so I'll start another thread to chase the POE problem.

Again, thanks for the info.

Reaction score
A Big Up for you DaveK !

You make my day with your explanation about the color scheme for the data wire !

I was totally lost with that non conform color use by Dahua for the wire.

• Blue corresponds to ethernet pin 6 (ethernet green)
  • Orange to ethernet pin 3 (ethernet white/green)
  • Purple to ethernet pin 2 (ethernet orange)
  • Brown to ethernet pin1 (ethernet white/orange)

This is not the standard for ethernet but also not the standard for phone wires, just nothing known ;-)

Big big thanks to you !
Come to Reunion Island and i will pay you some fresh beers !

cheers,
cesar

Classicmac

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone is curious this is what it looks like inside of the dongle. The dongle appears to convert the 48v PoE to 12v. You can see 4 wires for Ethernet pass right through without terminating in the dongle.

The black wire going from the dongle in to the camera is ground. The red wire is 12v.

Attachments

Classicmac

n3wb
Reaction score

Attachments

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.