Need your help guys... (Simple Viewer)

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know you guys can help me with this...

I need a simple way to view one camera out of my 8 that are managed by Blue Iris.

My wife is not doing well, and I now have a camera in our room that allows me to keep an eye on her when I am running around the house, out in the studio, or otherwise not in our room.
I just want a simple, single, border-less, always on top, re-sizable window that I can keep open on my Windows 10 (and Win7 at work) desktop.
I use Blue Iris Remote Desktop from work to keep an eye on all cameras periodically, but I'm now at that point where I just want to keep one window open on my desktop at all times and don't need 8 feeds at once (if that even matters).
Ideally, I could just have an Icon on the desktop that when double-clicked, would open the camera feed and stay on top, in the last location it was pasted.
No PTZ controls, no menu bar, no unnecessary tools (although if it supported the two way audio of my Amcrest IP2M-841 Camera, that might become a great help).

Software - browser tool - Windows App - ???

So I put it out to you experts... and I thank you in advance for your help...
any thoughts?

[P.S. I promise that at some point I will get that Imporx PTZ mounted and give you a review]

Last edited by a moderator:

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just discovered that I can "Open in a Desktop Frame" any camera within BI... And... There is a setting to keep that window on top. It's a nice simple frame-less window, and it passes at least one-way audio (BI doesn't seem to want to do two-way audio to my Amcrest cameras - but it does work with the Amcrest software).
This solution will work well for my Studio System here at the house, but I'm still looking for a solution for my Laptop (at home - within the LAN) and my Work computer (Accessed through WAN).

I guess I'm hoping that someone has done this before with a simple Browser string that points to the specific cameras IP, and passes the username:password, establishes an open window (even if at a locked location on the screen), and manages to stay on top of other windows.

Is this a pipe dream?

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I might not be understanding you correctly, but did you see bp2008's UI2? His last comment seems to detail how to do what you want with the exception of being borderless. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?t=93
I've skimmed through that thread before, perhaps I'll take another closer look at it.
Thanx.

Here is a screen capture of what I want to do... this is using something I found this afternoon called IP Camera Viewer.
It's a simpler program than Blue Iris, but I have to open that program, load that camera (I used a different camera for the screen shot), then "detach" that camera to a separate window, then select "stay on top," then minimize the original app window and leave them both running (as seen on the task-bar at the bottom). It also has its own time stamp that I can't get rid of (I already have a time stamp coming from the camera). It works, but it's a bit convoluted to get to the simple window on my desktop that I want:
Desktop.png

Last edited by a moderator: