Neighbor Hit and Run

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pretty sure this was a visitor as I haven't seen this vehicle before. This house (where the car is coming from) has a lot of visitors if you know what I mean. I gave the export to the neighbors son. It's his dad's truck who is elderly. Wish I had a camera that captures license plates but really not going to invest in that right now, since our goal is to buy our own house like 2 years ago haha. Gotta stop buying stuff.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like a woman in the back yard came closer to see and the white car waited until she went back so they could take off without their plate being ID'd or face seen.

IMO, that driver is as bad as a thief. :angry:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks like a woman in the back yard came closer to see and the white car waited until she went back so they could take off without their plate being ID'd or face seen.

IMO, that driver is as bad as a thief. :angry:
Yeah, she was watching the kids on a swing set out of view. I believe she went back and grabbed the kids and then went to tell her husband (son of the truck owner). Took a couple minutes for the family to get outside and have a look.

They also have a camera facing that direction. They said it's Vivint and they are on a low package or something like that. Something about 5 minutes being missing from their footage because they aren't on a higher package. I told them about Blue Iris and my setup. Told them to let me know anytime if they had any questions.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago going to work and parking my car in what I thought was a calm posh neighborhood; after a couple of hours I walked back to my car only to see my rear driver side door panel smashed; no phone number was left on my windshield. It was obvious that the the car came from the direction from the driveway perpendicular to the curb; I thought about taking action, but realized I didn't have dash cams installed at that time. Now dash-cams operate 24/7 if and whenever I'm parked on the street regardless of neighborhood and area; never judge a book by its cover. Later learned that the neighborhood where I was working and parked at had changed in a bad way in the last 10 years and its evident 'till this day, lol