Neighborhood Breakins

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to posts on next door that several people had their cars broken into. The attached picture was from a neighbor down the road. The perps didn't come in my driveway because we didn't have any cars parked outside but everyone around me was probed for unlocked doors. Found out later that they did manage to steal a truck with an attached trailer and 4 wheeler.

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is what you get for use ring cameras. That is what happens when you mount your cameras too high. Also incorrect lighting. Failure to test the cameras at night with motion. A total waste of money and time on the camera installation.

Sorry the guy lost his truck, but he was stupid for leaving it unlocked and not have the trailer wheel chained

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Truck that was stolen with the attached trailer. Unfortunately none of my footage helped since they never came close enough.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Truck that was stolen with the attached trailer. Unfortunately none of my footage helped since they never came close enough.
Hi @LopezEL

Looks like they'd have had to come within 6-8 feet of your front door to be of any value...

1609382764406.png

Check out the DORI section of the cliff notes, and if you and your neighbors want better cameras look closer at the cliff notes and the numerous reviews by members here along with their camera captures.

Plan for a good IP PoE system and cameras for best image capture results.

Start by reviewing these...

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The nest cam was not my front door. I do have a couple dahua cams purchased from Andy last year. However, the only footage I got was from a backyard camera pointed at my fence gate. Too far away and dark.