Neighborhood Watch.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Distraught young adult with gun. His family called it in. Police completely surrounded the area and put the school on lockdown. The dumbass in the car parked completely blocking the driveway of the corner house. My neighbor started to take a pic of the plate. This happens frequently with the school traffic so we send pic to cops and they sight people based on our pics. Well this time the thug comes walking around the corner and instead of apologizing gets an attitude. Three of us neighbors were all there ready to jump in, not to mention a cop with a rifle 50 feet away. After the guy left the cop said he was gonna let us beat the guy down because we looked like we had it under control and he had bigger things to worry about. Kid with the gun ended up killing himself in the tree-line behind the house that burned. Nobody ever even heard the shot. These videos are making it seem like I live in the ghetto but it’s actually a nice safe area!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
..These videos are making it seem like I live in the ghetto but it’s actually a nice safe area!
Welcome to the suburbian Ghetto...

It's the people, even in the most expensive hood - you have some crazy people...

Remember even in the neighborhood of the rich and famous - you have some nutty rich and famous people doing crazy things.
( though normally with pricier cars... )

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The residences on that cul-de-sac are nicely kept, upper-scale homes which would seem to be immune from undesirable activity. Sorry to see that the fine homeowners and their children are forced to deal with confrontations like that.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: post #1
For 4:17 PM on a weekday, quite a few young males available to yield a testosterone blend and its results.
Under certain circumstances and for the right reasons, not necessarily a bad thing.....IMO. :cool:

Last edited:

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From a real estate perspective - including home value and resale - I can appreciate the potential upside of buying near a school. However with so many parents opting to drive their children to/from school (instead of having them either walk, ride a bicycle or take the school bus), the downside of living close to a school is the traffic congestion, not to mention high level of foot traffic and potential unpleasant encounters.