Neighbor's auto burglary - 29 Apr 2017

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, this just happened this morning to my neighbor. I guess it is time to work on the LPR project I have been procrastinating for some time. At least we have a decent description of the truck.

Last edited:

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Grrr hate those.hopefully u catch them.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It's tempting and it's in most of our nature to want to help others in any way we can but most times we can't be all things to everyone. The primary concern has to be our own property, well covered. I get what I can at the street for neighbors but in the end they need to take matters into their own hands and get their own cameras for the best results. But it is frustrating as all hell to capture the crime and fall just a bit short of ID. You betcha on that!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like you have your cars pretty well covered. Maybe this will spur your neighbors into getting cameras.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
What the fuck just happened? Did he bust the window and take something? I don't get it, that seemed really targeted and more like he just did vandalism?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's crazy... He sure was taking his sweet time, but then didn't hang around long after he was done.

I always liked rainy nights because I figured it kept people like this at home inside. I guess not. Although this almost does seem targeted.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's crazy... He sure was taking his sweet time, but then didn't hang around long after he was done.

I always liked rainy nights because I figured it kept people like this at home inside. I guess not. Although this almost does seem targeted.
Me too. And, with rain/fog triggering nearly constant record on the IR-equipped cameras, looking through an evening of events is a snooze fest.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

yeah it's very odd, he pulls up, and reach out by the window and does what?? was very brazen with the headlights on so much, then gets out, does something else by the car, jumps back in and leaves? I didn't see him actually take anything that's why I'm like wtf was he doing?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any idea what he took?

What kind of little SUV is that?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk