Neighbors wheels stolen

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Caught part of a wheel theft across the street. Was messing around with motion recording and forgot to go back to constant. Longse s500, with my old hikvision you'd see nothing. Too bad I didn't get around to the license plate capture cam yet.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My neighbors wheel theft is what prompted me to upgrade my cameras. Did someone call the police or was he just driving by? Looks like he missed them by about 9 minutes.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it was a random patrol. There has been several wheel thefts in the last year, they have doing patrols of all the neighborhoods, I see them drive by quite often. They caught one in the act months ago that resulted in a high speed chase but aborted the chase due to icy conditions.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I would definitely put two more cams there. The car looks like an Escalade or Tahoe?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
GMC would be a Yukon i think. Pretty ballsey theft, with all the motion-lights. was there 20+ minutes...

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That sucks, those poor people, and to think the cops missed them by less than 10 minutes.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm guessing Suburban or Expedition Long. Was thinking about adding another Longse at the front edge of the garage. Perhaps I should have put two up front, one pointing down the drive and one up the driveway instead of the current configuration.