nest cam alternative with standard IP or USB connections?

digity

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like the video/picture quality of the Nest Cam Outdoor, but I'd prefer a camera that uses standards (RTSP, ONVIF, HTTP or even USB) so I can connect/stream/record the way I see fit. Does anyone know the sensor of the Nest Cam Outdoor or who actually makes the nest cam camera itself (assuming Google/Nest just rebrand/repackaged it)? If not, is there a another make and model that is very similar to quality and specs of the Nest Cam Outdoor?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the video/picture quality of the Nest Cam Outdoor, but I'd prefer a camera that uses standards (RTSP, ONVIF, HTTP or even USB) so I can connect/stream/record the way I see fit. Does anyone know the sensor of the Nest Cam Outdoor or who actually makes the nest cam camera itself (assuming Google/Nest just rebrand/repackaged it)? If not, is there a another make and model that is very similar to quality and specs of the Nest Cam Outdoor?
nest image is actually not that good...check out the dahua varifocal turret thread and see images and video there.

digity

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
nest image is actually not that good...check out the dahua varifocal turret thread and see images and video there.
WOW! The nest video/picture quality was more than good enough, but that dahua is even better! Thanks!