Nest Cam Outdoor stopped working in Blue Iris

MrMxyzptlk

n3wb
Reaction score
My outdoor Nest Cams all stopped working in Blue Iris this week.
I have the latest BI, but did not update it this week, so it must be something new on the Nest side of things?

I checked my Nest account, and my cameras are all sharing publicly without usernames or passwords.
The RTMP stream is the same as what it was when I first added them to BI...it hasn't changed.
I can view the public stream no problem from my web browser.

Reaction score
I just made an account to say that I'm currently demoing Blue Iris and the same thing happened to my Nest Cams. It lost connectivity yesterday and I've confirmed none of the information for the cams has changed.

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
I was on BI ver 4.4.6.2 my nest cams were working great. They all went out suddenly the other day. No updates in BI. They were working fine on the nest app. They all of the sudden started working again today. I got brave and updated to ver 4.5.9.3 just now and and they are all working including a new dlink camera I just got today.

Reaction score
Hi

Have nestcam video working in blue iris using rtmps URL from the live feed in Firefox. Copy and paste this into the video URL tab in blue iris , also select rtmps in the drop-down menu.

Have any of you managed to get the audio to work.

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my cameras, 3 nest outdoor cameras, and they seem to have stopped working as well.

proprietary software for the respective cameras show they are working and are providing video output.

i have tried to rollback to a previous working version BUT it did not make any difference.

i have not made any setting changes as i was happy where i was. i came and visited here today to check if other BI users are having the same issues.

in the past, BI has had issues making NEST outdoor cameras to work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My outdoor Nest Cams all stopped working in Blue Iris this week.
I have the latest BI, but did not update it this week, so it must be something new on the Nest side of things?

I checked my Nest account, and my cameras are all sharing publicly without usernames or passwords.
The RTMP stream is the same as what it was when I first added them to BI...it hasn't changed.
I can view the public stream no problem from my web browser.

Reaction score
My Outdoor Nest cameras went out independently. No change to BI camera config. Is rtmps a separate server in the camera? If so my cams need to be power cycled. They are remote for me, so will be a while before I can do that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nest is screwing with you.... likely to stop the bandwidth drain of 24/7 streaming....

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
things seem to go back to Normal when i uninstall BI to an older version (full uninstall including license). then i update to the most recent version, the problem comes up again, i.e. no video feed.