Nest Cam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if I want 10 of these, will my ISP throttle me down?
no because they upload on motion only...
The yearly cost for 10 of these if you want 30 days of recording will be $1650 in perpetuity. If you settle for 10 days of recording it will be 550 per year...not to mention the 2000 dollar outlay for the cameras. Also keep in mind that you cannot live monitor these cams 24/7 because it would have to upload the data then you would have to download to view it which would be a huge bandwidth hog...

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
no because they upload on motion only...
The yearly cost for 10 of these if you want 30 days of recording will be $1650 in perpetuity. If you settle for 10 days of recording it will be 550 per year...not to mention the 2000 dollar outlay for the cameras.
I don't want em, I was just joken. but thanks for the info. camera motion or ad motion is uploaded?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the question?
Thanks for the post though because sometimes all someone needs is 10 days and a single camera.. Say a small apartment or something... I think it's an excellent solution for that type of use...

Sent via Taptalk

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the question?
Thanks for the post though because sometimes all someone needs is 10 days and a single camera.. Say a small apartment or something... I think it's an excellent solution for that type of use...

Sent via Taptalk
sorry I like to joke about google and adds, so ads with motion overlayed on video that have motion would be recorded/uploaded or would it cause google could subtract it out in simple algorithm.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry I like to joke about google and adds, so ads with motion overlayed on video that have motion would be recorded/uploaded or would it cause google could subtract it out in simple algorithm.
lol, yeah....i can imagine the day when the camera notices you gained some weight and you start seeing ads for weight watchers...