Nest Cameras - view only?

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Nest Hello doorbell. Before people tell me that I should return it and get something that plays nice, please hear me out.

I am not interested in doing recording in BlueIris. I simply want to display it in BlueIris so that when a user logs in to the BI app, it will show a live stream. I believe there is a way to show the stream, but not sure how it can show only when a user is logged in.

What I DON'T want, is it to be streaming video from the cloud 24/7, chewing up bandwidth for no reason. Is there any way to display the nest camera only when a user is logged in and looking at BI, say through the mobile app, web server etc?

The nest cam already will use about 300gb of data uploading to the cloud a month, no need to double that by pulling it down to BI. It's too bad you can't tap into the local feed of the camera to dispaly in BI before it gets sent up to the cloud.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Nest Hello doorbell. Before people tell me that I should return it and get something that plays nice, please hear me out.

I am not interested in doing recording in BlueIris. I simply want to display it in BlueIris so that when a user logs in to the BI app, it will show a live stream. I believe there is a way to show the stream, but not sure how it can show only when a user is logged in.

What I DON'T want, is it to be streaming video from the cloud 24/7, chewing up bandwidth for no reason. Is there any way to display the nest camera only when a user is logged in and looking at BI, say through the mobile app, web server etc?

The nest cam already will use about 300gb of data uploading to the cloud a month, no need to double that by pulling it down to BI. It's too bad you can't tap into the local feed of the camera to dispaly in BI before it gets sent up to the cloud.
The only way to do this would require manually changing the profiles or manually enabling the camera from the blue iris app when needed.