Nesting Great horned owl cam - Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW Best bang for the buck!

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know this isn't surveillance catching thieves stuff, but I want to share some video from my yard this morning. Yesterday I installed the Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW-28MM camera ( 57.00 bucks on Amazon) above my great horned owl nesting barrel. I am so pleased with the resolution. I still need to learn how to adjust the audio but for the price I am tickled pink and thrilled it has audio. Hopefully it won't give me as much grief as my Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN roof cam that reboots and goes off line all the time. (11 times today) The Amcrest turret cam can see inside the barrel so I'll know when they lay eggs. In the years past I've just had to guess when they laid their eggs and when they hatched. They should lay eggs in the next couple of weeks. Then the female will sit on the eggs and the male will bring her food. The male will never leave her sight. He will steer away any predator's that come in.

Here's my Amcrest turret cam: Here's the Dahua roof cam: And here's my web page where my 24/7 cameras are. www.okiebirdcam.com