Netcat P01x1L.w4 Review

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having not been able to find anything on the internet in reference to this specific camera i decided to make this review for others. Pay it forward.

Its been approx. 7 days since i recieved this camera after purchasing it off of ebay (https://goo.gl/photos/MTy7PXfTucpbDWuo7). I have since spent many a time at the bottom of my shower in the fetal with "The crying game song" playing in my head (). For the price it is a pretty good first outdoor camera purchase. Nevertheless, it is not user friendly.

The documentation is next to worthless. Half Ass at best..

The tech support is non existent.

The settings are abbreviated by some chinese person who must think they know english because they took a few classes. Basically jibberish. Nevertheless RFET can be set from a range of 1-10 but is default at 5. (https://goo.gl/photos/3ow7b1quktMmHnj68)

It does not come with a decent software package. It comes with CMS (). Which after a week seems to be the only software i can use to change the settings on the camera itself. As a result i have decided to use Blue Iris as well as CMS. So now i am using two different softwares. Alot of the time i am running both at the same time so far this first week. currently i have blue iris trial on my win10 laptop and it works perfectly. I paid for the software and am running it on my gaming pc for some reason after setting up the webserver i realized that somewhere along the line I lost the ability to use ptz all together. So for now i have to use cms to ptz. Yet,the settings match the blue iris settings on my laptop identically. For the life of my i cannot figure out why the ptz does not work on the purchased copy of Blue Iris apposed to the trial version.

The night vision is pretty damn good for what i am using it for. It could probably be better but i can easily identify raccoon and deer at 185 yrds with a barn light between the camera and the target object. However due to not being able to comprehend the settings i am having problems night and day with auto focus. Mostly at night. I would love to be able to go with manual focus but have yet to figure it out. Nevertheless, when it comes in to focus it seems to be a superb picture in night vision, during the day, and in b/w at any time.

I was let down by the horizon/elevation situation involving this camera. using a treated 4x4 from lowes i have made a few different heighth portable mounts for this camera and most of the footage shown in this post is from the bed of my 4wd pick up truck in my driveway. At approx. 12 feet above the driveway it still does not elevate enough to go full zoom with out zooming in to the ground approx. 150 yrds ahead. i have been jacking up the front of my portable mount with 2x4's inorder to zoom in at 185 yrds or more. I can see identifiable critters at approx 1 mile during the day... but only if i manipulate the mount because the camera itself does not point up high enough to accomidate the 20x zoom.

I originally had problems with the IR leds constantly shutting off and coming on at intervals of approx. 40 seconds. When i emailed the ebay seller about it in china they replied with blaming the use of a extension cord. Originally, i had the problem using a 8 socket bar with a breaker in it. Then the second location i was using a old 50ft extension cord. I then used the 50 foot spring loaded extension cord on the ceiling in the garage that is plugged in to a 8 socket bar with a breaker which is plugged into a socket on the ceiling next to the door opener. Now it works... No problems with the IR leds

Having so many problems with ptz etc with blue iris i have been using CMS to record with... It saves the files on my pc hard drives in h264. I can only play these files with VLC. I have attempted to convert them with over a dozen different video conversion/editing softwares but they all refuse to recognize the files. So as of this moment the only way i can get them online is by holding my cell phone up to the monitor screen. having done lots of video editing....i bet it has to do with the auto focus issues.

here is some footage i have from messing around the other night.

https://goo.gl/photos/78tYcC9fH6zqDm2d6