Network Share Issues

Notelek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! This will actually be my first post here, but I've been lurking for a while, and really like the community.

I've got a Windows VM setup on my unraid server with the express purpose of running BI. Of course the Windows VM has minimal disk resources, so that I can record straight into the network share. I first tried mapping as a network share, and as a network drive in explorer, and finding in the BI file browser, but that doesn't seem to see it. I looked on the forums and found a few people asking about this issue. For some the solution was to just paste the address in, for some the solution was to mount these drives/shares as another user, and for some the solution was to toggle running BI as a service, or a process. I've tried all of these solutions, and still end up with clip write error 80000005 in my logs. Any advice?

Thanks!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you running the BI service ?
If so look at some of the NAS connection issues.
The BI service will need to have the same username and password as the security on the share.

It is recommended to NOT use a VM to run BI. use a VM is not a good idea for a security system. I

Notelek

n3wb
Reaction score
So I enabled run as a service, and added a user to the network share with the same username and password as windows on the BI instance. But I'm still getting the same error. I can still access the network share from explorer with that login.

ca91e11bb59e9419f530000997f2298f.png 6d43d168623647fe9652f229be217a72.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please read the Nas configuration. Set a username password for the drive folder. Then assign the same username password on the service.

I have never check the do not monitor free space on Nas.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you specified a name and password for the the Blue Iris SERVICE? Other wise it is going to use a local account. (right click on the service)

GR8II-069.jpg GR8II-069.jpg

Notelek

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @eeeeesh, I didn't know that menu existed, I was under the assumption that the service would take on the account that spawned it for some reason. All is well and working now. Thanks again!