Network unreachable

Lenik

n3wb
Reaction score
On Friday I was not longer able to connect to our camera. I receive message of 'network unreachable' whilst logged into the configuration settings. Nothing shows up on SADP (sorry for my lack of helpful description as I didn't take part in the initial set up of the system). I Have checked all connections, both network cables and power but cannot see anything unusual. However, should there be a light on the actual camera? I am wondering if it is something as straight forward as a fault with the camera. Is there any way I can test this? please note that cables go underfloor through a cable 'pipe'.
thanks in advance for any ideas.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing shows up on SADP
That does suggest the (unspecified) camera firmware is not running as normal.
You've checked data and power cables - but did you power cycle the camera?
Does the switch/router/NVR port that the camera cable is plugged in to show a link detect light?
If it's powered by a 12V PSU, one of the first things to check is if it works with another power supply.
When powering up, it would be normal to see the IR LEDs on for a short time, given that it's not too bright to see them.

Lenik

n3wb
Reaction score
I have restarted the NVR and also done a reset. Whilst using SADP software I can now see the DVR device. Within the DVR device I can now see available ports. Camera does not show still so I do think that it must be fault with the camera. Difficult to test other power cables as it is passed under ground.