New Amazon Products (Astro/Flying Ring/Echo 15)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Amazon really thinks their consumers are desperate and stupid. They need to reassess their marketing strategy because people are finally (hopefully) waking up ;)

Reaction score
Introducing Amazon Astro, Household Robot for Home Monitoring, with Alexa, Includes 6-month Free Trial of Ring Protect Pro

Brand: Amazon

Price:$999.99 & FREE Returns

Nope. They probably ripped off earlier Linux and ESP8266 and ESP32 open-source developers, then closed the whole thing up without giving proper credit to the original authors. Meanwhile, they want ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS USD for this piece of crap?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The robot would possibly worth the 1k if they integrated a vacuum system. The drone will probably drop to 175-200 on sale which is not too bad for the times when I want to confirm the stove is off.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Amazon has now a solution for people who need more spying. This combined with the new fyling ring ... awesome
And you try to block internet from your devices so china and biden/cuomo can not listen... you are so wrong :rofl: :lmao:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am all for technology, and I like that they are producing items such as these. I think the flying ring cam is pretty damn cool. Do I want one? Nope. Do I think one would be fun to play around with? Hell yes. As for the robot thing, I see no use for it...yet. I have four roomba's that keep my floors pretty much spotless. So I'm into these things...just not this Astro, and certainly not with it's limited capabilities. But that's just me.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon has now a solution for people who need more spying. This combined with the new fyling ring ... awesome
And you try to block internet from your devices so china and biden/cuomo can not listen... you are so wrong :rofl: :lmao:

Sounds like version 2 of this South Park video will be scheduled...

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about the drone to be honest. The concept at a high level makes sense for specific use cases. But given the extremely short flight times they advertise for it - no.

Ideally a few of these devices in various sizes and runtime could launch on command or based on some threshold the user deems appropriate. There was a project I worked on for a company that used a compressed tube to shoot small cameras into the air that were mounted on roof tops and other hidden areas.

Once launched a cylinder would begin filling a balloon with what ever - helium?!? So the camera would float all the while tethered to a guide wire connected to a automated winch.

The idea was to be able to launch at will a camera system (on demand) at varying heights not affected by batteries. Overall the concept worked from hidden, launch, deployed, monitor, varied height etc. The captured video was fine.

Problem, like any other aircraft (drone) they don’t operate well in moderate winds!! Ever get sea sick or watch some idiot filming and the video is bouncing around?!?

Can’t say that offers great video surveillance with no ability to steer!

Years later guess who tried to copy our initial project - Google!!

Think, their Internet balloon fail.

Many years later that same concept of being shot out of a tube still exists but they now use a drone to steer. Along with flux magnets instead of compressed air to shoot the package out and some new chemical to fill the giant condom stay afloat!!