New and building new house

Poltax

n3wb
Reaction score
New here and in UT. Building brand new home and looking for info on wiring it up for cameras. At our previous home I had wireless cameras. I did not really like the system as sometimes they did not work and also they interferred with some bluetooth applications.

Will be looking for a 16 camera system.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New here and in UT. Building brand new home and looking for info on wiring it up for cameras. At our previous home I had wireless cameras. I did not really like the system as sometimes they did not work and also they interferred with some bluetooth applications.

Will be looking for a 16 camera system.
Welcome @Poltax

Definitely check out the discussions TonyR mentions.

How far are you into your project?

Poltax

n3wb
Reaction score
We just purchased the property. It will take another 30 days or so for the plans and permits to be approved.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We just purchased the property. It will take another 30 days or so for the plans and permits to be approved.
Very good you have some time to figure this out.

At this time I would recommend picking up a small poe switch and a decent varifocal IP PoE camera to play with to see what a good camera can do.

I would pick up a varifocal Dahua OEM 4MP starlight+ camera and setting up on a test rig to get a better idea of what you can see in low light conditions.