New and confused - will Dahua 4K NVR POE works with Blue Iris?

Reaction score
New and confused -
will Dahua 4K NVR POE works with Blue Iris?

I would like local recording and just control and mobile access with Blue Iris (NO CLOUD)
Is that possible?

About 8 POE cameras

SORRY if the question is too basic BUT i am working on my first install. I NEED to know myself how all this works so I am autonomous, self reliant and secure independently.
Even though I will need to hook up my system or piggyback on it with a second system, when my house is finished as local (spain) laws reuire a professinal alarm company if you have weapons in the house.
Thanks
eduardo

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New and confused -
will Dahua 4K NVR POE works with Blue Iris?

I would like local recording and just control and mobile access with Blue Iris (NO CLOUD)
Is that possible?

About 8 POE cameras

SORRY if the question is too basic BUT i am working on my first install. I NEED to know myself how all this works so I am autonomous, self reliant and secure independently.
Even though I will need to hook up my system or piggyback on it with a second system, when my house is finished as local (spain) laws reuire a professinal alarm company if you have weapons in the house.
Thanks
eduardo
In the majority of the case's, if you have Blue Iris running on a dedicated PC as it should be, there is no need for the NVR.
The Blue Iris machine is the NVR's replacement. No cloud involved.

Yes you can remotely view the live and recorded video via mobile and at home.

If you haven't yet, Please study this: Cliff Notes

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New and confused -
.., when my house is finished as local (spain) laws reuire a professinal alarm company if you have weapons in the house.
Thanks
eduardo
HI @cybersniper, eduardo

Definitely plan to appropriately have the new home you are having built properly cabled with cat6.

Now is a good time to pickup a varifocal camera and test the possible positions for camera placement.

Remember to over cable ( N+1 ). Do see the cliff notes as well as what others have been doing here to setup cameras.
Chances are you will eventually want more cameras than you initially expected.

Installation Pics