New and Frustrated

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings all: I am new to this forum and also new to ip cameras. I have enjoyed analog cameras and dvr for many years and decided to make the switch halfway and purchased an HVR so I could still use 4 of my 8 cameras. Two of the 3 ip cams I purchased are the Huison 10x PTZ bullet cams that is talked about on this forum.

For the life of me I cannot get these units configured to display on my HVR. The HVR lists the cams but when I click to add them it returns a "username error". I kept playing around with the settings and for a couple of seconds I noticed that one of the cameras displayed an image of the camera auto zooming and then it went blank. I did notice that the port number listed for both cameras are the same as the port for the HVR, which is port 80. Do I need to change the ports? Need help!

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Greetings all: I am new to this forum and also new to ip cameras. I have enjoyed analog cameras and dvr for many years and decided to make the switch halfway and purchased an HVR so I could still use 4 of my 8 cameras. Two of the 3 ip cams I purchased are the Huison 10x PTZ bullet cams that is talked about on this forum.

For the life of me I cannot get these units configured to display on my HVR. The HVR lists the cams but when I click to add them it returns a "username error". I kept playing around with the settings and for a couple of seconds I noticed that one of the cameras displayed an image of the camera auto zooming and then it went blank. I did notice that the port number listed for both cameras are the same as the port for the HVR, which is port 80. Do I need to change the ports? Need help!
First question is which HVR brand/model do you have. Second, are you able to connect to the PTZ cameras from a web browser? Did you changed the camera's default IP addresses?

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi: I have an unbranded very cheap 8 channel HVR. One of the members told me earlier that the unit might not possibly be able to display 1080P unless the I set the unit up for IP only. I tried that and it still did not keep the video moving. I was however able to keep the video open long enough to troubleshoot the PTZ functions and this is resolved if the camera would stay connected. I am comtemplating purchasing a new full NVR and kick this cheap one to the curb-your thoughts?

I did change the camera's default IP address to something that connects to my network okay. Your other question does interest me somewhat though. When I enter the new IP address of one of the cameras a log in screen pops up but when I enter the password I get a reply that states: "network anormaly". When I enter the IP address of the 2nd camera nothing happens at all. Do you know how to resolve this so I can view the cameras from a browser.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
... When I enter the new IP address of one of the cameras a log in screen pops up but when I enter the password I get a reply that states: "network anormaly". When I enter the IP address of the 2nd camera nothing happens at all. Do you know how to resolve this so I can view the cameras from a browser.
How did you changed the IP addresses? Did you used SADP tool? Did you changed the http port for the camera? Also, have you power cycled the camera since you changed the IP address?

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I used the tool that was on the CD that came with the camera. When I changed the IP address the port changed to Port 80 and it was port 8000. I thought this was odd because I did not make any changes to the port. I finally got signed into the web interface and actually saw the time and date for one of the cameras but everything else was black but at least it did connect-sort of. Keep in mind that I had both cameras connected to the HVR but only for a short time. I have unplugged power from the cameras a few time during the time I have been troubleshooting this issue. This whole thing makes me kind of wish I had left my analog camera installed.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi: I have an unbranded very cheap 8 channel HVR. One of the members told me earlier that the unit might not possibly be able to display 1080P unless the I set the unit up for IP only. I tried that and it still did not keep the video moving. I was however able to keep the video open long enough to troubleshoot the PTZ functions and this is resolved if the camera would stay connected. I am comtemplating purchasing a new full NVR and kick this cheap one to the curb-your thoughts?
Before attempting to connect the cameras to the HVR, we need to be able to access the cameras directly thru the web browser and ensure settings are correct. The fact that you are having problems accessing them right now, might as well be the reason why you can't see them on your HVR. Once we verify the cameras are accessible normally, then we can move to the HVR for configurations.

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
Got you, so maybe I will keep trying to connect through the web interface. Any ideas on which browsers work. Like I said the cameras time and date was on line but with a dark background.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes I used the tool that was on the CD that came with the camera. When I changed the IP address the port changed to Port 80 and it was port 8000. I thought this was odd because I did not make any changes to the port. I finally got signed into the web interface and actually saw the time and date for one of the cameras but everything else was black but at least it did connect-sort of. Keep in mind that I had both cameras connected to the HVR but only for a short time. I have unplugged power from the cameras a few time during the time I have been troubleshooting this issue. This whole thing makes me kind of wish I had left my analog camera installed.
Management port should be 8000 (default) for now. More than likely you are having conflicts with the management port and http port (default is 80). Try changing the port to 8000 again and see if you can access the camera via web browser afterwards.

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
Will I be able to do this with the tool that I used to change the IP address?

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got you, so maybe I will keep trying to connect through the web interface. Any ideas on which browsers work. Like I said the cameras time and date was on line but with a dark background.
Dark background is probably due to not be able to access the RTSP port (554), which is your default streaming port.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
... This whole thing makes me kind of wish I had left my analog camera installed.

I can understand your frustration, but this issue seems to be a fairly simple one to fix. Just have some patience and have a brewski (or preferred cold beverage :) )

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true
Wanted a camera, never bargained for you
Lot's of people talkin', few of them know
Soul of this firmware was created below...

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
You guys are a hoot! I tried the tool again and even before I ran the tool the port was listed as 8000, but on the HVR it is listed as port 80. By the way, my HVR is on port 80 also. I ran it again anyway and just checked the port listing for the cameras on the HVR and they are still at 80. When I tried to add one of the cameras through the config wizard the black screen showed up again with the date and time clock but no image.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you able to access the camera's via web browser now? Did you installed the browser plugin?

If you want, you can send me a PM to setup a TeamViewer session. It would be a lot easier to help.

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
T did install the plugin but still no image. It takes several attempts for the web interface to accept my password. That would be great if you can take a look at it through team viewer. Let me know what I need to do

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
What a great person you are to assist me in great lengths like you did to resolve my problem. If you had not spent the time to work on my system last night I might have thrown in the towel and went back to analog. The image quality on this camera is fantastic. Thanks again for your help.

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
Another question: can I extend the power connector that hangs from the camera so I will not have to run an extension cord all the way to connect to the power adapter at the camera. About 15 feet would be good. I guess I could add more cord to the power adapter and wire twist it together?