New and will soon need help!

JFTaylor

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two Foscam FI9831P cameras, Blue Iris software and I want to add a recorder and two more cameras. Any suggestions? Should I just get a WD Purple drive and use this computer?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two Foscam FI9831P cameras, Blue Iris software and I want to add a recorder and two more cameras. Any suggestions? Should I just get a WD Purple drive and use this computer?
If you just bought the foscams and can still return them do so.
What pc do you have?

JFTaylor

n3wb
Reaction score
If you just bought the foscams and can still return them do so.
What pc do you have?
Thanks for the reply...

I've had them about a year. They have worked fine. I just want to add some more cameras and start recording full time.

I have an Inspiron 3847 64-bit 8GB RAM with Intel Core i5...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...

I've had them about a year. They have worked fine. I just want to add some more cameras and start recording full time.

I have an Inspiron 3847 64-bit 8GB RAM with Intel Core i5...
core i5 is a meaningless term..what is the exact i5 model.

JFTaylor

n3wb
Reaction score
Gotcha. My problem is it's the family computer. I was hoping there was another solution such as a recorder or a small box with the WD Purple drive...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha. My problem is it's the family computer. I was hoping there was another solution such as a recorder or a small box with the WD Purple drive...
You can buy an NVR...problem is it likely wont support motion detection with that camera and will have way less features than a pc running blue iris.
You can buy a pc similar or better than your current system for 2-300 dollars. Search the forum for optiplex and elitedesk.

JFTaylor

n3wb
Reaction score
You can buy an NVR...problem is it likely wont support motion detection with that camera and will have way less features than a pc running blue iris.
You can buy a pc similar or better than your current system for 2-300 dollars. Search the forum for optiplex and elitedesk.
Thanks for thr info! I'll research and let you know what I do...