New ASUS AC2900, what is the best (easiest) way to get through my VPN to watch BI on iPhone

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, feeling like a dummy again. I need to get to BI on my home computer. Do I have to subscribe to a VPN service? Or do I use the ASUS firmware and some app on my iPhone (besides the BI mobile that I already have)?

I was accessing BI using port forward until I found out it was unwise. Again, all I need is to get to BI at home from my iPhone when I’m out and about. I hope this makes sense.

I looked around and at the Wiki but quickly became bogged down, any advice would be appreciated. I'm sure I'll look back in a few months and go "ahh, now I get it"

Thanks,

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The best way is to start by reading @nayr's VPN Primer for Noobs
I visited that, that's where I got bogged down and threw in the towel. I was looking for a more simple answer if there is one. I guess I'll have to set aside a couple of days to sort it out unless someone else chimes in. Don't get me wrong, I know I need to learn this stuff on my own but for now I need to dedicate my brain power to tasks that put bread on the table.

Thanks anyway

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I visited that, that's where I got bogged down and threw in the towel. I was looking for a more simple answer if there is one. I guess I'll have to set aside a couple of days to sort it out unless someone else chimes in. Don't get me wrong, I know I need to learn this stuff on my own but for now I need to dedicate my brain power to tasks that put bread on the table.

Thanks anyway
There is absolutely no way you read the primer.