New Blue Iris PC Needs Dual Monitor KVM SWITCH

rmoran

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought a HP Envy i7-6700 12GB 2TB pc from eBay with the recommendation from y’all. Thanks for the help. My question is I am going to place it in my office desk next to my other work tower. I want to use a KVM switch to share DUAL Monitors with built in speakers, keyboard, mouse, etc. I haven’t done this in years and not sure what to order. Any suggestions, pros cons? Thanks so much. I’m trying to attach a pic of the back of my monitors.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought a HP Envy i7-6700 12GB 2TB pc from eBay with the recommendation from y’all. Thanks for the help. My question is I am going to place it in my office desk next to my other work tower. I want to use a KVM switch to share DUAL Monitors with built in speakers, keyboard, mouse, etc. I haven’t done this in years and not sure what to order. Any suggestions, pros cons? Thanks so much. I’m trying to attach a pic of the back of my monitors.
just buy a cheap monitor and keep it on all the time so you see whats going on.

rmoran

n3wb
Reaction score
just buy a cheap monitor and keep it on all the time so you see whats going on.
The monitor is not the problem. I have an extra monitor, but I don’t have a CAT6 runnng to it. It’s using Wi-Fi to connect. My office has the only CAT6 on it. Also, I have the blue iris iPhone app and I can see what’s going on anytime I open it. Really needing the KVM switch option or similar.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The monitor is not the problem. I have an extra monitor, but I don’t have a CAT6 runnng to it. It’s using Wi-Fi to connect. My office has the only CAT6 on it. Also, I have the blue iris iPhone app and I can see what’s going on anytime I open it. Really needing the KVM switch option or similar.
I dont understand...your said your blue iris pc will be in the office. What is the issue? run hdmi/vga to the monitor.

rmoran

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont understand...your said your blue iris pc will be in the office. What is the issue? run hdmi/vga to the monitor.
I am going to have it in the same desk as my work PC. I would prefer being able to switch back and forth from work to BI without having to move cables around (extra keyboards/mouse). I can go take a quick view of my kids yelling using BI and then quickly switch back to work PC. I used to be able to have 2 pcs on a kvm switch and I’d double tap home button and it would switch computers. Makes it very simple. I don’t know anything about dual screen setup though.