New Build.... LGA 1700 Cooling anyone??

Reaction score
This is NOT for BI--- my own computer is an I-5 SECOND generation I built in 2011. LOL--- 10 years old. Way overdue for a new one.

So... I am doing a 12th gen I-5 on the new build. I am having a helluva time with finding CPU COOLING for that LGA1700 socket! I really didn't think it would be that difficult.

Anyone do a build with that socket and have a suggestion for cooling?

Reaction score
(after looking at LOTS of options, I decided to go with air cooling again instead of water/radiator cooling. Newest CoolerMaster Hyper212v2 installed and running smooth)
1640121639214.png 1640121717404.png

OK..... next BUILD question:

The utter lack of graphics cards (or the insane 2X to 4X markup) has me looking everywhere.....

Is it STUPID to look at alibaba for a card--- is that the fast-track to getting ripped off??

Last edited:

mioutlook

n3wb
Reaction score
Noctua has some LGA 1700 ready coolers available on Amazon such as this:

Do be mindful of the size to make sure it fits your case. I use Noctua coolers almost exclusively. They also offer free upgrade kits but I'm not sure on availability.

*Edit - I see you already have a trusty Hyper212. A classic choice.

As for Alibaba for graphics cards - if the price is too good to be true it probably is. For the link you provided maybe one or two listings could be legitimate. Those are the ones with at 2x - 4x MSRP :)

There are livestreams of dashboards that show when stock is replenished online for sites like Best Buy and New Egg. There is also New Egg Shuffle, a raffle type deal you can enter to win a chance to buy a GPU. Be warned - they often bundle the cards with other item and they mark up the price as much as 2x.

I've had the best luck finding cards at places like Microcenter.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Noctua has some LGA 1700 ready coolers available on Amazon such as this:

Do be mindful of the size to make sure it fits your case. I use Noctua coolers almost exclusively. They also offer free upgrade kits but I'm not sure on availability.

*Edit - I see you already have a trusty Hyper212. A classic choice.

As for Alibaba for graphics cards - if the price is too good to be true it probably is. For the link you provided maybe one or two listings could be legitimate. Those are the ones with at 2x - 4x MSRP :)

There are livestreams of dashboards that show when stock is replenished online for sites like Best Buy and New Egg. There is also New Egg Shuffle, a raffle type deal you can enter to win a chance to buy a GPU. Be warned - they often bundle the cards with other item and they mark up the price as much as 2x.

I've had the best luck finding cards at places like Microcenter.
"...too good to be true..."

^^ EXACTLY!!!

I put in messages to 3 different vendors there. All 3 stated some bullshit about "Oh-- alibaba price is not updated" ...

1640358637547.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
At today's prices for NVidia based cards that isn't out of line. Compared to two year ago it's outright robbery.