New Camera From Hikvision DS-2CD5A26G0-IZHS8?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I had ordered a Hikvsion DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZH8 which I already had two of back on December 10 from B&H Photo. I don't think they are making that one anymore and switched the order to the DS-2CD5A26G0-IZHS8 which I ran across on their website. I had not seen this one before and it appears to have some slight improvements. I like how these cameras perform at night.

Anyways it shipped today and I should have it this week. This part of my continual camera upgrade and this one has the 1/1.8" sensor and replaces one with a 1/2.8" sensor. Here are the specifications.

Image Sensor: 1/1.8" Progressive Scan CMOS
Signal System: PAL/NTSC
Min. Illumination: Color: 0.002 Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON), 0 Lux with IR
Shutter time: 1 s to 1/100,000 s
Slow shutter: Yes
Lens: 8-32mm

BHP link: Hikvision2MP Darkfighter Outdoor Bullet Network Camera with 8-32mm Motorized Lens

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any updates @Parley on this camera? I havent been able to find much information out there and you seem to be the only one on the forum that has posted about this specific camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This camera is pretty much like the DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZH8, however it has slightly better night vision. In my neighborhood I need to tone it down a bit at night if you can believe that. I did not know it at the time I set it up but there is an adjustment for when it goes into black and white at night. If I ever get into it again I might try to increase the shutter speed a notch and see what happens.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I might as well post a daytime picture just for kicks. This one has a woman walking in it. The focus point of this camera is from my wall to the rear of the car. For instance the Samurai in the distance is not in the focus point of the camera. The purpose of the camera is the catch the comings and goings of people and vehicles down this street. IMHO this intersection is the best place to focus the camera.

Camera 4 Daytime  Photo.jpg