New camera recommendation please? Hikvision?

sweet1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently have 3 x DS-2CD2412F-I (W). One of the cameras has failed. Out of no where the alarm auto turned on and the sound will only turn off when I take out the SD card.

SADP won't see the camera anymore when connected to the LAN. I have decided to replace this camera.

The features I use are: http commands, Blue Iris compatibility, PIR (or motion detection), night vision, free standing, good wifi (LAN is also possible, POE is not required) and reliable :)

Any recommendations please? Or I might get the same camera

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP won't see the camera anymore when connected to the LAN.
Does the link detect light on the switch/router show activity when the camera is plugged in?
Have you set up any external access to the camera? (eg port forwarding on your router)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have 3 x DS-2CD2412F-I (W). One of the cameras has failed. Out of no where the alarm auto turned on and the sound will only turn off when I take out the SD card.

SADP won't see the camera anymore when connected to the LAN. I have decided to replace this camera.

The features I use are: http commands, Blue Iris comparability, PIR (or motion detection), night vision, free standings, good wifi (LAN is also possible, POE is not required) and reliable :)

Any recommendations please? Or I might get the same camera
Did you check to see if there is an alarm set for HDD error under exceptions? Sounds like a bad sd card.
Have you tried a proper hard reset? you need to disconnect power, hold reset button, then reconnect while holding button for 15-30 seconds.

sweet1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I access the camera feeds via BlueIris so the ports have not been forwarded.

I can try with another SD card tonight but I have tried the hard reset without the SD card and left it powered on for about 10 minutes and the camera was not visible on my network or on SADP

Last edited:

sweet1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried another SD card and its the same thing. The Alarm sounds.

Even stranger tonight, another one of my camera's is not visible on SADP and the alarm is on unless I remove the SD card. Coincidence that 2 have died in 1 week and wont reset?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried another SD card and its the same thing. The Alarm sounds.

Even stranger tonight, another one of my camera's is not visible on SADP and the alarm is on unless I remove the SD card. Coincidence that 2 have died in 1 week and wont reset?
You were likely hacked...if you connect the camera to your network and don't have upnp disabled it will automatically forward your ports... did you follow proper procedure for hard reset?

sweet1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey fenderman, I think you are right. I have just got both camera's back online and disabled uPNP on my router. What a disaster!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey fenderman, I think you are right. I have just got both camera's back online and disabled uPNP on my router. What a disaster!!
make sure to delete all port forwarding rules created by upnp

sweet1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use the Virgin hub 3.0 . Looks like it hasn't created any.
I have a brand new ANNKE camera for sale if anyone is interested :)

Reaction score
I use the Virgin hub 3.0 . Looks like it hasn't created any.
I have a brand new ANNKE camera for sale if anyone is interested :)
Which model number ANNKE camera? Most of what they sell is cloud-based crap.
The only exception is the Hikvision rebrand 2MP cube camera.