New Camera wont work on TinyCam app

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a hikvision 7608ni-i2/8p with a few cameras setup for a while now. Been using the TinyCam app to quickly view them without any issues (each using a different channel on the nvr).
Just added a Hikvision 8MP AcuSense Two-Way Audio Alarm IP Camera DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL Mic POE to port 5 in the nvr. It is working fine in the hikvision live view and hikconnect app.

But when i copied an existing camera in the TinyCam app and changed the channel to 5, it is not working at all. Triple checked all settings and they are correct, so I can not figure out why it isnt working.
Only thing is that in my channel/port 4 i have a dahua ONVIF camera setup as a LPR camera, not sure if that is then interfering with the next channel in some way? I could never get that 4th channel to work on tinycam previously but didnt need it since it was recording to the nvr fine.

With this channel 5, Tinycam app says "Check username and password", they are definately correct, eg. if i edit the camera and change the channel to any of the other ones, it loads those cameras fine, but use channel 5 and same error with no stream. Any suggestions?

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you set up the ONVIF account (user/password) in the "not working" cam like you did in the working cams?
No I didn't. Out of the box, I plugged into the nvr and it git its own ip within the nvr range and works normal on the nvr
In the nvr I have onvif and rstp on, never connected direct to any of the working cameras

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I logged in direct to the camera and other cameras to compare settings, all the same.
I changed the RSTP stream on the nvr from digest to digest/basic.
Also swapped it into port 4, and put the onvif lpr on port 8.

Seems to be working on a dedicated old tablet for viewing cameras (connected on wifi via 2.4ghz), but not on my main phone or 2nd phone (both connected on wifi via 5ghz band). Still showing the same error, but all details match the tablet... And the other cameras drop in and out on occasion on that main phone. Could this be more related slow data flow through the router or something. The Tx signal and Rx signal are the same on the tablet, but on my phone Tx very high (433)and Rx low (6). Is there any limit to how many RSTP streams can be viewed at once?
Error on tinycam says "Video Failed" Timeout, check hostname and port number"
but 3 other cameras on tinycam (pure ip cameras not connected to the nvr) work fine. Any streaming service/youtube stream fine so connection seems fine.

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the TinyCam app still being serviced by the developer?
I sent them an email direct about this and never got a response. Still having the issue, except for some reason its working on an old tablet running tinycam v14, but not on my phone or other devices running v17...
Same camera settings on all devices, all on the same ssid, but only works on the old tablet (which is so old it android doesnt even let it update to the new OS)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's hard to say, but the best I can tell he hasn't posted on IPCT since Dec. of 2020: