New Configuration

Reaction score
I have the most current BI4, and had some issues doing an upgrade.

Briefly, I replaced a bunch of older cameras (10?) with new Dahua cams. This involved removing the old cams from service a few at a time, replacing them, and adding the new cams to BI.

We had all sorts of issues with system lockups while doing this transition. I had to end up freshly installing BI and adding all the cams from scratch. I would have saved a good bit of time messing with it if I had just done this from the beginning.

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT ABOUT BLUE IRIS! Just a warning that it appears that the system does not like a lot of change all at once, with deleting cams and adding them.

This same system has been pretty bulletproof and I have no complaints. But it has been through a lot of change as I upgraded cameras throughout the years to its present state.

Reaction score
when you named the camera in the camera's firmware did it match BI exactly? if you have one camera Dahua 1 in the firmware it will not play nice if you name it dahua 1 in BI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
when you named the camera in the camera's firmware did it match BI exactly? if you have one camera Dahua 1 in the firmware it will not play nice if you name it dahua 1 in BI
That is not correct... blue Iris has no idea what the camera name is in the firmware.