new construction -- camera placement?

JayBart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
building a new house on the water -- around 7,000 square foot, three stories.
Here's the footprint, I'm thinking around 6 cameras or so from andy on the first floor should do it, where I put the arrows, then maybe a camera on the second or third story on the front/back/side of the house to get a bird's eye view of the road.
Also be putting cameras covering the sea wall (I put in a fiber connection to an AP in a poolhouse near the seawall, and branching off that for those camears)
Any comments on this placement?

house footprint2.gif

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A home that size and at that location, you will want more cameras LOL.

Minimum should have cameras overlooking each other and should have double coverage over any door/window.

And then purpose - IDENTIFY up close or far away, etc. all dictate number of cameras and type of cameras.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Study this: Cliff Notes
Yeah, lots more cameras will be needed.
For starters, two cameras, once on each side of the garage, to watch the driveway. They should be angled towards each other.
Don't mount cameras higher than 8ft, if you expect to get facial ID's of folks.
You want to know who did it, not just what happened.
What are the distances from one corner of the house to another?

JayBart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
from the top corner of the garage (north right corner on the gif) to the bottom corner front of the house (south right corner on the gif) is about 70'
the bottom (south on the pic) is about 45 feet

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
from the top corner of the garage (north right corner on the gif) to the bottom corner front of the house (south right corner on the gif) is about 70'
the bottom (south on the pic) is about 45 feet
Check out the DORI section of the cliff notes .. in real life DORI numbers are best case estimates .. plan to get plenty more cameras to give you the coverage you may want ..