New Dahua 24 Channel NVR(POE) New security features(N54ANP)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Gang,
I received a new Dahua 24 Channel NVR for a Install I will be doing. This is a Dahua USA NVR.
Here is a link to the specs : N54A4P

This is basically a unboxing review and I had little time to mess with the features but its Looks like Dahua is getting its act together as far as security goes. I was surprised at the new security features. These are new on the Market so we will see how it goes.This is a OEM Model so it still has the same OEM Look.

121.jpg 122.jpg

I did notice they put a 4 wire chassie fan @ 12 volt instead of the older 5V fan, It seemed A LOT quieter that the 16 channel NVR's I have used in the past, glad to see they are addressing these issues. The security requires stronger passwords. New connect the dot password scheme and 3 security questions, also a new feature to let Dahua call home and auto update the firmware, not to warm and fuzzy to me but its option we never had before.

20171215_134521.jpg 20171215_134647.jpg 20171215_134835.jpg 20171215_135230.jpg

A few pics of the look of the setup, seems they have more features for the newer cameras
20171215_150408.jpg 20171215_140513.jpgInked20171215_150240_LI.jpg

More to come as I get this installed.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice. I found the 2 drive version for around 600-650 and got that, it's in the mail. I assume mostly everything is the same as yours except the form factor.
Please post any findings you have with this NVR, i would really appreciate it. I could hardly find anything about it online. I was mainly interested in the h.265+ support which will probably be more widespread in the future.

techip

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you mind sharing where you purchased the N52A4P, 2 drive version?

Nice. I found the 2 drive version for around 600-650 and got that, it's in the mail. I assume mostly everything is the same as yours except the form factor.
Please post any findings you have with this NVR, i would really appreciate it. I could hardly find anything about it online. I was mainly interested in the h.265+ support which will probably be more widespread in the future.

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing where you purchased the N52A4P, 2 drive version?
32 Channel NVR | Esentia Systems Inc. Serving Customers Since 1999
They're supposedly a dahua distributor. http://www.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/vms_partner.php?cid=2&page=2
I did find a cheaper price on provantage, but i think they're just listing it for another distributor. Something about it didn't seem right, plus provantage has a bad history of selling stuff they don't have in stock. But here's the link if you want to gamble: PROVANTAGE: United Digital Technologies N52A4P NVR 320MBPS 320MBPS 24CH IP 24POE PT

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I also Got mine from Esentia, They are really good to deal with.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
We ARE the Testers of this NVR, they are fairly new to the market. I have been burning mine in, and messing with it a little when I have time, however I will not get it Installed until Next month.

Reaction score
We ARE the Testers of this NVR, they are fairly new to the market. I have been burning mine in, and messing with it a little when I have time, however I will not get it Installed until Next month.
Can i ask, i assume there's no "english" version vs chinese because i don't see any variants of the model number like in the previous lines. Is that correct? Or is this indeed the USA version? Have you checked for similar backdoors that existed in the previous models?
I should have mine up and running this weekend with at least one camera. My reason for getting it is that it's really new/has better features than the rest of the other NVRs out there and the price wasn't really that much more. I plan on trying to incorporate some alpr stuff on my computer based nas and letting the NVR handle all the recording. I didn't see a good alternative for software based NVR programs that can record/process things from H.265 sources, plus my nas is doing other things (such as a software based raid (zraid) and i didn't want to burden it with video streams). Getting a separate box makes sense for me.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Can i ask, i assume there's no "english" version vs chinese because i don't see any variants of the model number like in the previous lines. Is that correct? Or is this indeed the USA version? Have you checked for similar backdoors that existed in the previous models?
I should have mine up and running this weekend with at least one camera. My reason for getting it is that it's really new/has better features than the rest of the other NVRs out there and the price wasn't really that much more. I plan on trying to incorporate some alpr stuff on my computer based nas and letting the NVR handle all the recording. I didn't see a good alternative for software based NVR programs that can record/process things from H.265 sources, plus my nas is doing other things (such as a software based raid (zraid) and i didn't want to burden it with video streams). Getting a separate box makes sense for me.
I know mine is a USA Dahua system I would imagine that the International and Chinese have their own Variant. I know B&H had the same thing. International Model: NVR5424-24P-4KS2 - Dahua Technology

I have done ZERO security testing as of yet. I was told the newer firmware has taken care of this but when I get a chance I will do some network security testing. These have a option to do automatic firmware updates so they will be calling home if you want that option, Myself I will enable that ONLY when Checking for updates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know mine is a USA Dahua system I would imagine that the International and Chinese have their own Variant. I know B&H had the same thing. International Model: NVR5424-24P-4KS2 - Dahua Technology
See I get a bit confused with the model numbers. The NVR line is before this new N line.
Ex: Pro Series
This is why i get really confused on this. Here's the two different datasheets for practically the same thing:
http://support.dahuasecurity.com/upfile/pic/201711/Datasheet_24channel_4K_H265_NVR_N54A4P_v001_007.pdf
http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download/dhi-nvr5424-24p-4ks2_datasheet_20170615.pdf
Maybe one's the international version and one's the US version but there's no real distinction between the two.