New Darkfighter PTZ Install at home

Reaction score
Finally got my Hikvision Darkfighter PTZ installed on pole mount at driveway entrance. You can see the night (non IR) capabilities are great, this is on a moon lit night without any other external lights (rural outlook). Pole also had static Hik 3mp cam used for intrusion detection and email notification of visitors.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can you post up some full full resolution screen caps, also what's it look like in B&W? That color image is impressive but far too noisy.

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
That color image is impressive but far too noisy.
More importantly what is the shutter speed. By default the Darkfighters give what appear to be awesome night images until something moves and you realize the shutter is that slow all you see is smear. Crank the shutter up to give a useful image and you disappear into the noise.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah no shit, stills say nothing.. here's my 2MP Black Face Dahua at night with less noise under a street lamp.. but shutter speed is 1/4s, iris is wide open and gain is 70%

when there is snow on the ground i can get daytime like shots in the middle of the night full color with a few tweaks, just about any camera bolted to something sturdy like a house can do it.

Attachments

Reaction score
Yes, Black does have a certain "intimidation" factor and seems to blend into the surrounding foliage well. I would say that at 5m in height, it is a little bit thin (100mm) in diameter, so get a little bit of wobble in high winds.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I would mount more cams on this pole to increase intimidation factor