new dual camera with night display issue

Reaction score
I just purchased this cam from andy on amazon. EmpireTech 4K Full-Color 2×4MP Dual-Lens 1/1.8" CMOS Smart Splicing Network IP Camera.
03-10-2023 03-37-36 Front Yard.jpg
Im thrilled with the field of view. At night though I'm having an issue. The left side picture is great, the right side is foggy. I did peel off the protective film. The outside house light is off. It makes no difference with the house light on.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks as if you have the LED's on. My guess is the right hand LED is reflecting light back off the white wall and that's causing the blur.

Try turning the right hand LED off. If it cures it great. If there's insufficient light and it cures it, then you need a separate flood light and to leave the cameras leds off.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. All I could see in the settings is a global control. It looks like 1 camera. I turned off the illumination and I'll see how that goes. I don't really want to move the camera any more to the left. I do have a large driveway led light that I usually leave on, I'll just turn it back on.
I just can't get over the field of view that this camera provides. It's taking the place of 3 previous cameras.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really want to move the camera any more to the left.
Why not point it further left? If there's something over there you don't want in the view for some reason, you should be able to use a privacy mask in the camera's web interface to black it out. The important thing is not having the big shiny surface reflecting strongly into the lens.

Maybe you're just trying to use this cam to see if the garage door is open or something. That would be a valid reason to leave it as is. Can't really tell since it is so washed out in that pic.

Reaction score
I hadn't realized it was "seeing" the house. It's much better with the illuminators off and the house light on. Im going to move the camera itself to the corner of the house and see how it goes. I was so impressed with the field of view that I didn't really notice that the side of the house was in frame.