New email issues with Gmail/ Dahua

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up before and I've followed the instructions found on various previous posts on the topic. This seems to be a new problem (at least for me). Until june 3 I was having no issues with receiving email alerts from my dahua NVR. This was setup through gmail SMTP. Then they stopped. I setup 2FA and an app password and the tests succeed again, but no alerts are going through. Ive double and triple checked the settings, made a new email account and pointed everything there... still nothing. Did something new change? What solutions do I have for this now?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You followed everything in the wiki Dahua put out?

I am not aware of any new change since this one. If it doesn't work for you, then maybe you need to try a different provider?

And all the other posts?

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You followed everything in the wiki Dahua put out?

I am not aware of any new change since this one. If it doesn't work for you, then maybe you need to try a different provider?

And all the other posts?

The wiki is pretty confusing given that I can't seem to find where I'd need to look for this specific issue, and the dahua specific links are empty/dead.

I've been using chrome and launching the web app with a plugin that is still working to access them. I wouldn't imagine the ie phaseout would affect the nvr's ability to send email, right? Especially since the tests send just fine.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You may have to create an APP password for the access, Giggle changed the security on what they refer to as less secure access

If this is the case, goto your giggle settings sorry google security and 2FA and add an app password

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The wiki is pretty confusing given that I can't seem to find where I'd need to look for this specific issue, and the dahua specific links are empty/dead.
Confirm that this is where you went for directions on how to set up 2FA and generate an app password for your Dahua NVR ==>> HERE

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Confirm that this is where you went for directions on how to set up 2FA and generate an app password for your Dahua NVR ==>> HERE
Sorry about the delayed response - work is a thing. Yes that is the source of the instructions I used. 2FA and all that is setup. Test works fine. No emails for alerts.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I had to set my app password 3 times on my blueIris before it was getting all of the emails sent.

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, well I think I was barking up the wrong tree here. I dug into it further and the IVS tripwire stopped functioning, although it was still showing the tripwire on the display. I had no alarms / events from that camera any more. Now I have to figure out why they aren't shaking hands anymore so I'll find and/or start a more appropriate thread. Thanks for the info and help yall!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, well I think I was barking up the wrong tree here. I dug into it further and the IVS tripwire stopped functioning, although it was still showing the tripwire on the display. I had no alarms / events from that camera any more. Now I have to figure out why they aren't shaking hands anymore so I'll find and/or start a more appropriate thread. Thanks for the info and help yall!
Sometimes it is easier to just delete the tripwire and draw new. Sounds like maybe at some point you added a schedule to it?

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sometimes it is easier to just delete the tripwire and draw new. Sounds like maybe at some point you added a schedule to it?
At this stage I have deleted the tripwire and started a new one. Did this in the camera settings itself. When I go to the NVR itself and pull that IVS parameter I get a notification stating remote Ch1 failed to acquire config. So, yeah no more talking to one another about the fancy robot stuff. Just video feed.
I have now attempted to update the firmware on the camera. That didn't fix it. So I reset the camera back to factory default. Still no dice. I get a failure when I try to update the camera firmware through the NVR itself.

I did update the NVR firmware around a week after the emails stopped flowing. That could be part of the issue - but it seems something else failed before that, given that the triggers stopped (for unknown reason) a week prior to firmware update.

It is rather absurd to me that this is something so difficult to keep online given that theyre all the same manufacturer.

Darkhawk

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up before and I've followed the instructions found on various previous posts on the topic. This seems to be a new problem (at least for me). Until june 3 I was having no issues with receiving email alerts from my dahua NVR. This was setup through gmail SMTP. Then they stopped. I setup 2FA and an app password and the tests succeed again, but no alerts are going through. Ive double and triple checked the settings, made a new email account and pointed everything there... still nothing. Did something new change? What solutions do I have for this now?
Google stopped supporting third party apps accessing email SMTP on 1st of May. They said it was a security issue. This could be the problem ?