New firmware for IPC-HXX5231XX Released on 201711

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here are the latest new firmware for updating for, normally we not send the latest new ones to anyone, but i love this place, people help each other. Try to use dropbox, but China blocked it, so have to make a new post.
When updating, please not move the camera till it reboot, and make a default again when you finish the updating.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE

Suit for all IPC-HXX5XX-XX original english models, hacked models can't use this to update.
Andy

Attachments

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

Do you have any notes on what got updated?

Thank You

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What models does it work with ?
It says 5X3X so other megapixel works too ?

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried it on my IPC-HDBW5831R-ZE and it went fine. I accidentally did the NTSC on PAL thought. I dont see any problem, could there be trouble ?

I defaulted camera before and after update so should be ok ?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Tried it on my IPC-HDBW5831R-ZE and it went fine. I accidentally did the NTSC on PAL thought. I dont see any problem, could there be trouble ?

I defaulted camera before and after update so should be ok ?
Why trouble? Your cam is original English one, so can updated to PAL or NTSC.LOL

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this is still the latest firmware update? :)

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
After updating the firmware and reboot, do i have to make "Default" or "Factory default" action ?
default.png

Reaction score
It's newer than what Dahua has posted. Andy has direct contact with Dahua and is very responsive to making available the latest firmware when it becomes available. He saved my NVR with newer firmware to resolve the reboot issue every time a tripwire or intrusion zone was tripped. NVR now runs flawlessly due to Andy's response to this issue.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It's newer than what Dahua has posted. Andy has direct contact with Dahua and is very responsive to making available the latest firmware when it becomes available. He saved my NVR with newer firmware to resolve the reboot issue every time a tripwire or intrusion zone was tripped. NVR now runs flawlessly due to Andy's response to this issue.
Seems NVR also has the new firmware, when i get it i will post it here too.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe something about the ultra serie (8X) cameras ? :)

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you do a default reset after updating the firmware, does this wipe out all the customized settings I have made (frame rate, IVS, etc)? Is there a way to save the settings to return to that configuration after the reset? I would hate to have to manually redo the settings on each of my cameras.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you do a default reset after updating the firmware, does this wipe out all the customized settings I have made (frame rate, IVS, etc)? Is there a way to save the settings to return to that configuration after the reset? I would hate to have to manually redo the settings on each of my cameras.
HI Bazooka

From the screen shot Oblar did it appears that all of those configurations will revert to default ( IP and User management is maintained on the "Default" - "Default factory" goes back to all defaults from factory )