New Foscam 1080p cameras compatible with Blue Iris? (Foscam R2 and Foscam C2)

roserez

n3wb
Reaction score
Foscam sales told me that their new 1080p cameras (Foscam R2 and Foscam C2) do not work with Blue Iris. But I am suspicious that they might not know what they're talking about. Has anyone used either of these cameras with Blue Iris? What do you think of the camera?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Foscam sales told me that their new 1080p cameras (Foscam R2 and Foscam C2) do not work with Blue Iris. But I am suspicious that they might not know what they're talking about. Has anyone used either of these cameras with Blue Iris? What do you think of the camera?

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum. They will work with blue iris just fine. Foscam generally makes low end cameras with narrow viewing angles, poor images, and bad wifi and are never recommended . These new cameras, however, have improved viewing angles and 1080p.....and may turn out to be ok...I have yet to see any camera images or reviews.
Pan tilt is generally a gimmick...you can get a hikvision rebranded laview 2mp cube camera with a wide angle lens on sale for 90.....but you will have to wait for a sale.