New from Perth

acey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone im here because i bought in to the hype with HIK and at the moment im a little disappointed i thought the camera's would have been better but the software for the hik nvr seems very clunky. I have most things sorted now but still get lots of email notifications per day and i have no cloud backup options.

DS-2CD2345-I
DS-2CD2042WD-I
DS-2CD2142FWD-I

DS-7608NI-I2/8P

I wish i had gone with BI

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum. I got 3 of 4mp Hiks too a year or 2 ago. Daytime is great but I had to get external IR to be more pleased with night time images. I think I would have gone with 2mp if I had known then what I know now, but overall they are good cameras. I did get Blue Iris though and I am certainly happy with that decision.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone im here because i bought in to the hype with HIK and at the moment im a little disappointed i thought the camera's would have been better but the software for the hik nvr seems very clunky. I have most things sorted now but still get lots of email notifications per day and i have no cloud backup options.

DS-2CD2345-I
DS-2CD2042WD-I
DS-2CD2142FWD-I

DS-7608NI-I2/8P

I wish i had gone with BI
Welcome Acey,

You still can go with Blue Iris.

It maybe useful to get an external PoE switch and a BI setup - this way you can use both the NVR and BI to store videos - and thus get some backup options without going to the cloud.