New from the Dallas, Texas Area

martindtx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been a long time lurker, and recently decided to go ahead and up in head first. I'm from the North Dallas area here in Texas. I've never had a security camera on the house, but recent car break ins and random hoodlumness around the neighborhood has expedited the process quite a bit with the wife. I knew I didn't want something like a Nest or Arlo system. I am in the process of building a NAS and left room to add in storage for camera footage, so I wanted to go down that road. Plus I knew the DIY camera system would be a lot better compared to the name brand pre built systems, thanks to everyone here at ipcamtalk.

I feel like I've done so much research to finally choose the 5231R-ZE(btw which I purchased 4 from Andy, and should be here Monday he tells me!), and I don't even know the half of everything I feel like I want or should know. This forum so far has been a pretty good one stop shop for all things related to ipcameras, even other places I typically frequent for honest feedback on things such as reddit, link back to this site as reference.

Well I just wanted to stop in and say hey and introduce myself. I imagine everyone will be seeing more of me as I progress down this road on installing the cameras, getting them tied into Blue Iris, and getting Blue Iris to work with my Home Automation I currently use.

See y'all around!

martindtx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum, I'm in Richardson.
Thank you!

I'm over in Denton. My office is in Richardson, but I mainly work from the house, or at customer locations. However, I am usually at the Richardson office once or twice a week.

Glad to see others around.