new guy from IN

Naptown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick intro. I'm a DIY nerd that likes to learn lots of stuff instead of paying other people to do those things. I studied business in college but have always liked building computers and messing with them. I'm much more of a hardware guy than a software guy. I love building things!

About 1.5 years ago, I wired my house myself with cat5/6 cable and hung some ebay-grade hikvision dome cameras. So far, I have 3 domes outside. I have a turret in my garage, and a couple of the 2432 hiks around the interior of my home. I got an ExacqVision license for an older PC that I use as my NVR. It works pretty good. In fact, I did have a few vandals hand me $180 cash after I caught them kicking over my mailbox on New Years Eve. We all agreed that $180 was a cheap get out of jail card.

I'm going to be posting soon in the tech forums about an issue I'm having with a new Dahua camera that my ExacqVision software is failing to recognize. I'm hoping to get it configured and hung outside before the winter arrives. Currently, it's 90* in late September in Indy. That's hot for us.

Anyway, hello!