New guy

myrz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm in the market for upgrading my 4 first alert analog cameras to an NVR system with IP camera's for my home. I need 4 outdoor camera's, but want a 8 camera NVR in case i decide to add more. Theres just so many different quality's of camera's such as mega pixels ect. i'm just not quit sure what is best for me. I just want something stationary with good day and night quality. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm in the market for upgrading my 4 first alert analog cameras to an NVR system with IP camera's for my home. I need 4 outdoor camera's, but want a 8 camera NVR in case i decide to add more. Theres just so many different quality's of camera's such as mega pixels ect. i'm just not quit sure what is best for me. I just want something stationary with good day and night quality. Any help is appreciated!
Welcome!
Please study the Cliff notes (IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes | IP Cam Talk) - all the best advices from this wonderful forum are consolidated in there!
Good luck!
CC

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Start by reading the cliff notes in the WIKI. The WIKI is in the blue bar at the top of the page.
There also is a lot of other information in the WIKI.

1) do not use junk cameras (reolink, or no name cameras, No china english hack cameras)
2) do not use wifi
3) do not open ports on your router, use VPN.
4) do not use cloud services.