New Hikvision Firmware 3.4.0 Released! 7600NI-E1(E2) 05/11/2015

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

Today I have noticed that Hikvision has released a new firmware for 7600NI-E1(E2)!

V3.4.0 build150929 Multi-lingual

I have noticed that there are a tons of bux fixes and new features.
Also there is something releated to the missing VCA Image in email!!

Have someone tried to update?

Supported Products:

76/77/86 E series: DS-76xxN(I)-E1DS-76xxN(I)-E1/xPDS-76xxN(I)-E1/xN DS-76xxN(I)-E2DS-76xxN(I)-E2/xPDS-76xxN(I)-E2/xN DS-77xxN(I)-E4DS-77xxN(I)-E4/xP DS-86xxN(I)-E8

LCD NVR:
DS-7600N(I)-E1/A
(With & Without HDD)

7600 G series: DS-7608N-G2/4P
DS-7608N-G2/4P DS-7608NI-G2/4P DS-7608NI-G2/4P DS-7608N-G2/4P/500G DS-7608N-G2/4P/500G
7600/8600/9600 ST series: DS-96xxN(I)-STDS-96xxN(I)-XTDS-96xxN(I)-RT DS-86xxN(I)-STDS-86xxN(I)-XT DS-76xxN(I)-STDS-76xxN(I)-SP DS-77xxN(I)-STDS-77xxN(I)-SP
Features:
IP channel password management
Support H265 decoding format
36 split screen
Password reset optimization
IVMS-4500 smart notification
VCA attached file

And others...

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Watch out for the 'Region setting via ONVIF specific to Hikvision' new feature.
Could have a bad effect on your Chinese region cameras currently connected as ONVIF to avoid 'language mismatch'.
Anyone tried that yet?

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was actually excited to test this out and now I'm just frustrated, this is just my experience, so yours may differ.

I have a 7608NI-E2, I initially upgraded through the web interface, but after activating it in iVMS-4200, I couldn't turn on DHCP or update the network settings. So I TFTPed the firmware, but then none of my cameras would connect (I should mention all my hardware is western region). So I ended up TFTPing the camera firmware again as well, and that finally worked.

So I set it up and naturally the first thing I test is email notifications for line/intrusion detection. I trigger the line crossing, email is sent, no attachment. I trigger it a few more times with the same result. A few more times after that and I don't even get email notifications anymore. Now some other issue has come up and I can't even view the stream from the web-interface.

Maybe someone else who has a bit more patience can investigate this further, but this firmware has been nothing but frustration and disappointment.

jstallan

n3wb
Reaction score
Now back up... Installed v3.4.0 yesterday and now I seem to be getting abnormal shutdown/restarts. Looked in the log and it just says "N/A"... Seems to be happening every 30 -50 mins so far. I think I'll do a factory reset...

Tried to access via Telent but the option isn't there and when trying I just get "Could not open connection to the host, on port 23" message.. Can you downgrade to the previous firmware level ? Is it the same process as the upgrade ?

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i did upgrade my 7608 NI-E2 with 3.4.0, yes email now attaching image, thats all i need :love-struck:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Upgraded my 7608 as well via web interface, no noticeable changes or effect on my English/Chinese region cameras

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
i did upgrade my 7608 NI-E2 with 3.4.0, yes email now attaching image, thats all i need :love-struck:
Nice to read!

Do you refer to the VCA image attached to email or the normal motion email?
Also the VCA image are now stored in the nvr ?

Also is better to upgrade from the USB or via web interface (obv in local lan) ?

Thanks you

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice to read!

Do you refer to the VCA image attached to email or the normal motion email?
Also the VCA image are now stored in the nvr ?

Also is better to upgrade from the USB or via web interface (obv in local lan) ?

Thanks you
ah correction, just motion detection email with a picture, alarm input still no image :sad2:

i'm using upgrade from web interface

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
ah correction, just motion detection email with a picture, alarm input still no image :sad2:

i'm using upgrade from web interface
In this case I will wait for the next update.

The VCA image bug is the only one I have with the 3.3.4 firmware..

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an FYI in case it helps anyone: I have a 7816N-E1 (same hardware as the 76xxNI-E1/E2) that has AARR in its serial number. I have 10 cams, one Foscam using ONVIF and 9 HV cams using the HV protocol that are either mtd language flag hacked to 1 (English) or came from China in English but with the mtd flag still showing 2 (Chinese), all connect, no language mismatch errors. The NVR came from Aliexpress with 3.0.10 FW in English (not ML) and has a language flag = 2 (Chinese). Using the European FW site I updated it to ML FW 3.3.2 and then 3.3.4 via a web browser (Firefox). The interface remained in English. I then went to the Chinese HV site and downloaded the 3.4.0 FW and updated the NVR via a web browser. The unit rebooted and remain English. iVMS-4200 still works too as does the iVMS iPhone app.

IMHO, HV is doing themselves a complete disservice playing these region and language games with their firmware. As a home user, there's no way I would have bought HV equipment through their dealers, it would have been too expensive. Instead I would have bought another brand. HV would have lost the revenue. I'm impressed with the HV equipment but not the games. Other homeowners in my neighborhood asked me about my equipment but bought another brand due to FW/language games. Again, HV lost revenue.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I now recommending Hik NVR's still but using Huisun Camera's with it for small installations, Then Dahua camera's and NVR for domestic, then back to hik, but with the HIK systems I have to give to prices upgradeable and non upgradeable. People still go for hik and still opt for Chinese Kit.

Davey

n3wb
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party but I've just upgraded m DS-7608NI-E2 to v3.4.0 and I'm impressed so far :) I especially like the fact I can still login and access the NVR config even if the plug-in isn't installed on the browser.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I especially like the fact I can still login and access the NVR config even if the plug-in isn't installed on the browser.
Can you save changes the config with no plugin?
Presumably Live View does not work with no plugin.

voltron81

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have someone tried to upgrade it to an NVR with hex 02?
I am having 7616N-E2 with v3.0.8 firmware. It is in english, but I have done the backup of it and I have noticed that it is a chinese version, so in the past I have been told to not try to upgrade it, due to the high risk to brick it and incompatibility with chinese hikvision cameras.
Is something change on my case?

Thanks

Davey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Voltron, Are you able to share your backup of your chinese compatible 3.0.8 firmware please? :)