New Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got my new Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2 from my regular Aliexpress supplier. It was USD 297 shipped. PM for details.

I've made some pictures, here they are:

Regular retail box:
pic1.jpg

Product details:
pic2.jpg

A lot of stuff is included in the box, even a tiny mouse:
pic3.jpg

Front of the NVR:
pic4.jpg

Back of the NVR:
pic5.jpg

Inside of the NVR without drives:
pic6.jpg

Close-up of the (relatively) tiny PCB:
pic7.jpg

Inside of the NVR with drives:
pic8.jpg

Overall I really like this new NVR. It has full 4k support, it even outputs 4k/60HZ via the HDMI port. It feels fast, playback does great, downloading recordings maxes out the onboard gigabit port. Nice stuff!

I'm using it together with 3x DS-2CD2542FWD-IS and 1x DS-2CD4A85F-IZ. All bought via Aliexpress, full english versions. They all connected to the NVR without issues.

Any questions, just ask!

Last edited by a moderator:

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you know when they will release h265 nvr? With new cameras supporting this, I would rather invest in nvr supporting h265.

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

HiKlip

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you use email event notification? I'm having mega problems trying to get my DS-7608NI-E2 email notification working (with gmail).......

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully in the next week I will order the DS-7608NI-I2/8P. Going to run 7 cameras at 4MP theoretically and the Huisun PTZ for the 8th camera.

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you use email event notification? I'm having mega problems trying to get my DS-7608NI-E2 email notification working (with gmail).......
What's your config like? Can you post screenshots? You've most likely misconfigured your smtp settings.

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use 8.8.8.8 as your primary dns in the NVR.. Seems to do the trick using gmail if your settings are correct.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Figures this comes out just a few weeks after I got my 7616 NI-E2/8P ... ugh.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a question about email notification. It's possible that my setup will include a camera monitoring my neighbor's driveway -- at their request of course. They go on vacation a lot. :) Is it possible to have multiple email alerts for different cameras? For example, I'd want my cameras to alert myself and my wife; we'd want our camera aimed at our neighbor to alert us and the neighbor too.

HiKlip

n3wb
Reaction score
What's your config like? Can you post screenshots? You've most likely misconfigured your smtp settings.
Thanks for asking :) and I really appreciate your help, but this is probably, (and hopefully for you) a problem restricted to my model. Otherwise HikVision would have hundreds of users up in arms. Anyway, if anybody is interested and can contribute any advice, I've reactivated a link on this site with the same problem.
P.S. to Kyle, yes 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 have already been attempted. Thks
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4957-Cannot-configure-email-on-HIKVision-NVR

HiKlip

n3wb
Reaction score
Figures this comes out just a few weeks after I got my 7616 NI-E2/8P ... ugh.
It would be really nice to know if you experience the same problem. Actually I'm almost convinced it's not the NVR's fault, but since there are some real serious issues with HikVision and their lack of TSL support, this seems to be a growing issue with the SMTP providers like gmail.

HiKlip

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a question about email notification. It's possible that my setup will include a camera monitoring my neighbor's driveway -- at their request of course. They go on vacation a lot. :) Is it possible to have multiple email alerts for different cameras? For example, I'd want my cameras to alert myself and my wife; we'd want our camera aimed at our neighbor to alert us and the neighbor too.
On the DS-7608NI-E2 this is completely possible as you can configure 3 email recipients. (I'd be happy if I could just get one to work:sad2:)

HiKlip

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got my new Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2 from my regular Aliexpress supplier. It was USD 297 shipped. PM for details.
I've made some pictures, here they are:
I'm using it together with 3x DS-2CD2542FWD-IS and 1x DS-2CD4A85F-IZ. All bought via Aliexpress, full english versions. They all connected to the NVR without issues.

Any questions, just ask!
Very nice looking machine!! I love the alarm i/o functions. Wouldn't want an nvr without them!

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the DS-7608NI-E2 this is completely possible as you can configure 3 email recipients. (I'd be happy if I could just get one to work:sad2:)
Possible in principle is at least a good starting point, thanks!

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

gator968

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am looking at the 16ch version of this NVR but am terrified in purchasing from Ali Express. PM sent with questions :D:D!!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @Dutchie30

Thanks for posting photos. Are the top and front plastic? Does it still have a noisy fan?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Top is iron, or some sort of metal. The front is indeed plastic. It has a fan, but it's a small one and not really noisy if you ask me.

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Use 8.8.8.8 as your primary dns in the NVR.. Seems to do the trick using gmail if your settings are correct.
How? to configure that: Preferred and Alternate are grayed out in mine.
The 192.168.254.1 internal NIC IPv4 NIC seems to be complicating my life. What is the intention of "254" surprise?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How? to configure that: Preferred and Alternate are grayed out in mine.
Could this be because you have DHCP enabled, so the IP address, DNS, gateway etc are supplied by the DHCP server on your router?
The 192.168.254.1 internal NIC IPv4 NIC seems to be complicating my life. What is the intention of "254" surprise?
In what way is this a problem? The internal IPv4 NIC is purely for the PoE ports on the NVR.
NVRs with PoE ports use a separate interface and IP address space for the PoE-connected cameras, it keeps them off the LAN.