New Hikvision WiFi Bullet? DS-2CD2032F-IW

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have the DS-2CD2032F-IW IP Camera?

I wanna purchase it but wanna know a few things:
  • Is it genuine Hikvision?
  • Does it have Hikvision firmware?
  • Compatible with Hikvision NVR?
  • Does the WiFi work well?

I need this instead of the bullet because it will be in a position where only power is run, so I need to use the WiFi. Once I get some time I will run cat5 to it like all the rest.

Thanks!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its hikvision but not US region...its china region and you wont be able to upgrade firmware....you can make any camera wifi with a cheap 10 dollar bridge...or use powerline...

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one. Wifi works OK. I use it as my baby cam. Router is about 25ft away. No wifi issues. Works with the 7108 NVR, plug and play

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its hikvision but not US region...its china region and you wont be able to upgrade firmware....you can make any camera wifi with a cheap 10 dollar bridge...or use powerline...
Useful to know its only Chinese version. Thanks!

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have one. Wifi works OK. I use it as my baby cam. Router is about 25ft away. No wifi issues. Works with the 7108 NVR, plug and play

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. Any downside to this version? (Inferior image quality, lower quality physically, problematic, etc.)

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wifi wouldn't connect the first time around. Almost had to return it or file a dispute. Had to factory reset the camera twice before it took my wifi settings.

Image quality is good. No compliant in the light or on the dark

Hiflyer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had one and I just return it. Camera works great when hardwired but the wifi not so good. My camera would become unstable and drop the connection at about 30 feet from my wireless router.

Reaction score
Got several. There is a YouTube video on wifi setup for HikVision which was invaluable. Work fine - seem to be same quality feed as wired versions I have at least

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one of these little beauties, it is a China regional camera but as normal the downgrader works, then just use the mtd hack, the wifi modual is the tube section so it's external from the camera and works very well, it's recommended to install a 32gb micro sd card, just in case the wifi does fall over, also uses CH standard firmware, if you use your camera's that way as lots of people do.

It was worth the £60 I paid.

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got several. There is a YouTube video on wifi setup for HikVision which was invaluable. Work fine - seem to be same quality feed as wired versions I have at least
Thanks for your input everyone. I do not see the WiFi Option, the firmware says I version but box and sticker on camera says IW version. Any Ideas?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one of these little beauties, it is a China regional camera but as normal the downgrader works, then just use the mtd hack, the wifi modual is the tube section so it's external from the camera and works very well, it's recommended to install a 32gb micro sd card, just in case the wifi does fall over, also uses CH standard firmware, if you use your camera's that way as lots of people do.

It was worth the £60 I paid.
Oh that's what the tube is

vpvpvp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have some a Hikvision NVR and a bullet camera from China with multi-language firmware.
I have a Hikvision DS-7104N-SN (Firmware: V3.0.13 build 150503, Encoding: V5.0 build 150413) and a Hikvision 2CD2032-I camera (Firmware: V5.2.5 build 141201, Encoding: V5.0 build 140714) and I want to buy some Hikvision 2CD-2032F-IW camera. The chinese supplier wrote me that the new 2CD-2032F-IW won't working with my NVR because of old firmware.
My question is how can I solve this issue? Which is the better, safer way?
1. Can I upgrade the NVR's firmware to newer one?
or
2. Can I downgrade the 2CD-2032F-IW firmware to 5.2.5?

Which is the right way and how can I do it?

Thanks i advance!!!
vpvpvp