New Home Setup, Could Use Recommendations!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

This is my first time that i'm putting together a security system in my home. I'm planning on outfitting a bunch of POE cameras but I honestly couldn't tell you where to start from a brand perspective. Here is my current setup.

Unifi router / access points feeding into a managed POE switch that will distribute the majority of my cameras. The router also feeds into a dedicated server I built which I'm planning to host blue iris off of - it also feeds my dedicated surveillance hard drives. I've laid all the Ethernet cable myself so far and have it to the point where I'm ready to install cameras.

Only issue is that like I said I'm not sure where to look. I'm willing to pay for quality, but want to make sure that I'm putting together a system that will be lasting.

I know people like hikvision but seem to have problems finding an official vendor, i hear mixed things about ubiquiti cameras (and I wasn't planning on using their nvr anyways...).

Nice to meet you all, I look forward to contributing!

Also,my current network setup is attached

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Quoth

Take a look at the cliff notes in the wiki
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

Many of us have picked up the Dahua OEM 2MP starlight cameras due to their performance and value for low light image capture.

You can look at the Dahua model IPC-HDW5231R-Z or ZE for a good camera to compare your options with.