New image: "Cannot find Network Host" I could use some guidance.

JImCan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 4104 NVR and one camera. I am located in a rural setting with no internet access - I simply attach a camera to the NVR and monitor and have no external network connections, but I lost my image.

I cannot tell if -in this instance- my 'Network Host' is the NVR or software thinks I was connected to an external network and lost it. In the past when I lost an image is was cable issues - rodents eating the cable or crapo cabling ends ...this time, I removed the camera ...brought it indoors - using a short commercial cable to make the connection at the NVR ... 'same result.'

In fumbling thru the various menus. I can see 10.1.1.65 is connected with a green dot, but am not knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot this. Previously, simply connecting the camera to the NVR would somewhat automatically get me a picture.

I do not know if this quirk adds anything... During periods of high humidity, I would get lags ...sometimes up to 10sec between refresh, but mostly 2-3sec. skips. Even though the camera/cable connection is covered and wrapped with the best 3M electrical tape, rain or high humidity seems to be the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

JImCan

n3wb
Reaction score
Good thought, L2... I like the looks of both of those.

The NVR is a DHI-NVR4104-P-4KS2 ...camera: DH-IPC-HDW4631C-A (luckily I saved the cartons - the hardware is home) I appreciate the help - thanks..

Jim

JImCan

n3wb
Reaction score
Looney, Since a throw-away line is an easy walkaway ...if you know— can you at least tell me whether 'Network Host' is internal or external?

Jim

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@JImCan

"Network Host" could refer to literally any device with a network interface. Camera, NVR, router, cell phone, smart watch, smart plug, smart light bulb, laptop, TV, wifi printer, cloud server. All network hosts.

JImCan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, BP... Since there are only two pieces involved - I guess I will have to figure out the conflict between them, one they did not previously have. Meanwhile, Amazon brought me goodies to improve my cabling. Thanks.

Jim