New in FL researching system design

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just signed up so I can learn about cameras and design an overkill system to monitor my home.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks SLC! I am starting this with ZERO knowledge. I will check out those links. I've been browsing publicly for a few weeks!

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks SLC! I am starting this with ZERO knowledge. I will check out those links. I've been browsing publicly for a few weeks!
No problem. I started off the exact same way. I ended up purchasing a Dell OptiPlex I5-6500, BV-Tech unmanaged POE Switch and use Blue Iris. I have since purchased 4 of the IPC-HDW5231R-Z turrets and one IPC-HDBW4231F-AS | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology for a front door camera. Here is a thread where another member used this camera at their front door - Front door ID camera IPC-HDBW4231F?. I also purchased two of these - ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone). Use one in the garage and another inside. I also have some cheap Foscams I bought years ago before I stumbled onto this forum.

If you decide on Dahua cameras I highly recommend ordering from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY you can email him directly at kingsecurity2014@163.com

It takes a lot of reading and learning but almost every question you can think of has been answered somewhere on the forum. So if you are wondering about something be sure to try the search function.

Depending on your budget and needs you can always start with the basics to get you up an running then build onto your system. Always leave some room for expansion because once you start putting cameras up you will find a need or want to put up more cameras.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome CKb3,

Welcome to the fire hose .. you'll have some fun here!