New install need advice. Seeking photo recognition database - Hikvision NVR iDS-7716NXI-I4/16P/X available in US?

Luvswater

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello...I'm not sure if this is the right sub category to post this, but chose to post here since my question is NVR driven.

I am outfitting a large estate home and planned to use a combination of the following cameras:
4 - Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - 4 mm
6 - Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - 2.8mm
3 - Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL (180 Panoramic)
1 PTZ - still TBD on the model

The property owner wants to use an NVR with the facial recognition database. The 9600 series is too expensive for their budget, and after watching some YouTube videos I think the iDS-7716NXI-I4/16P/X would be perfect, but when I reached out to my distributor they said this is not available in the US, and we only have access to the "S" Series, which does not include the database (iDS-7716NXI-I4/16P/S). (What? Why not??)

As an alternative I looked into another direction - specifying this with the comparable Dahua cameras and their NVR, DHI-NVR5216-16P-I, which provides the facial database plus the line crossing and all the rest. It seemed like a great alternative BUT Dahua does not have comparable panoramic cameras. If I use the Hikvision panoramic they will work, but will not merge the image to display on one channel with the Dahua NVR and some other less important functionality will also be lost, such as two way talk (not an important factor). Losing the single channel on the panoramic and having to increase the channel bandwidth of the NVR is not ideal.

My question is, why is the iDS-7716NXI-I4/16P/X not available in the US and is there a source where I should look to purchase this machine so I can execute this installation based on the first HIK? If I buy this machine outside of the US market will it work fine with the cameras? Any other suggestions on an alternative outfit of cameras/NVR that I should consider?

Last edited:

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I checked ADI but they only have s as well.