New install - Wanting advice

jogie

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm building a new system for a business and I've found a couple IP cams that I like the looks of, but I wanted to get more input on them.

For indoors I need around 12 cameras and was thinking about getting this: http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/Mini-1080P-HIKVISION-DS%2d2CD2032-Waterproof-IP-IR-Bullet-Camera-D%2dWDR.html
I only need a couple outdoors and liked the looks of http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/3-MP-Full-HD-1080P-IP-Camera-Array-IR-60m-Waterproof-w{47}Fan-&-Heater.html

I realize that the indoor cameras are rated for outdoor, but I couldn't find an indoor only model that I liked. At a minimum I need the cameras to support 1080P or greater, POE, and WDR would be nice. The outdoor cameras need all that plus at least a 16mm lens.

This is the first time I've done an IP system. Do those look like good models for what I want or is there something else that I would be better spending my money on? Also, does anyone have experience with ordering from that site?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located? US? UK?
The first camera the 2032 is good, but you might as well use the 2332 turret, its more compact, better nightvision, more vandal resistant. http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/Products_show.asp?id=9125
The 2332 is also available in a 2.8mm wide angle lens so if you have smaller rooms you can cover the whole room with a single cam. They are sold for basically the same price as the 2032.
I would not use the outdoor cam with a heater you linked to unless you live in a VERY extreme climate and even then, that is some noname brand. The hikvision 2332 turret is outdoor rated. If you want a larger camera as a deterrent bullets makes several large bullets like the DS-2CD2T32 which is available with various levels or ir strength...

jogie

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm located in the US. I do like the looks of the 2332 turret. Looks like it does all the focal lengths I need. Are the lenses on most of the Hikvision cameras interchangeable?

For the noname outdoor camera I didn't really pick it because of the heater, so I don't mind not having that. Mostly what I need is a 16mm lens and somewhat good IR illumination distance. I need to be able to read license plates 75-85 feet away at a horizontal FOV of about 20-25 feet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe lenses are interchangeable but it would not mess with opening them up, not worth the hassle...
The DS-2CD2T32 is available in 16mm...there are also 3 ir version i3 i5 i8 (30m, 50m, 80m) respectively. I also has an sd card slot as a backup..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have installed 12 2332 turrets recently and they are perfect for indoor and exterior use. Just chose your lenses and be done. You will need to drill a 7/8" hole for the pigtail.

jogie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks all. Does anyone have a recommended dealer/seller site? I've only been able to find them on AliExpress and eBay so far.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have Nelly's, milkisbad( represents LTS) and wrightwood survellience. I have purchased all of my equipment from milkisbad(LTS).

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm located in the US. I do like the looks of the 2332 turret. Looks like it does all the focal lengths I need. Are the lenses on most of the Hikvision cameras interchangeable?

For the noname outdoor camera I didn't really pick it because of the heater, so I don't mind not having that. Mostly what I need is a 16mm lens and somewhat good IR illumination distance. I need to be able to read license plates 75-85 feet away at a horizontal FOV of about 20-25 feet.
To read a licence plate. you will need a low light camera with the IR Illumination. IR will cause the licence plate with reflection glow masking all the numbers on it. So if your business have a couple of vehicle entry/exit places then that where I would aim the low light camera and use a street light or flood light to illuminate.

Bill