New Installation

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tripp-Lite 13U server rack on casters. Yellow wires are NVR, blue are LAN. On bottom is an APC Smart-UPS 2200VA RM 2U I got off of a guy on craigslist for cheap that powers the backup server and NVR, second from bottom is a server I use for backups, third is the Nelly's NSN-7164K-16P. 4th is a CyberPower UPS for the router and modem. The 5th and 7th are Leviton 24 port patch panels. 6th is a TP-Link 24 port switch

White wires are LAN going from patch panel into attic. The modem, router, and smartthings hub chill at the back of the rack.

They are all flush installs going through the eves into the attic.

Mailbox cameras for license plate capture.

The little white filler cap has fallen out.. strange..

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
How did you hook up the mailbox cams? I see the junction box. Could you trench Cat 5 straight to the box for POE?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How did you hook up the mailbox cams? I see the junction box. Could you trench Cat 5 straight to the box for POE?
There's a 1" hole through the post to the backside that feeds into a water proof sprinkler controller box, there is a 6 port patch panel inside the box that the cameras plug into. From there direct burial comes out the bottom of the box and into the ground to the house.