New IP cam set up question

Matrix1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
how's it going everyone, great discussion board. Any suggestions for a 4 or 5mp IP camera set up. I'm installing that cams on the second floor of a two story single family home. I would like to run one or two cams on the first floor covering the driveway.

Any suggestions on what kind of camera I should use and what kind of NVR?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
how's it going everyone, great discussion board. Any suggestions for a 4 or 5mp IP camera set up. I'm installing that cams on the second floor of a two story single family home. I would like to run one or two cams on the first floor covering the driveway.

Any suggestions on what kind of camera I should use and what kind of NVR?
This same question is asked about 24 different ways... I would say spend some time in the Install Pics section, Dahua Section, and HIK Section.

See the examples, read the boards and make an educated decision at that point. You haven't provided much to go on here. We don't know your environment, your type of additional lighting, and dozens of other questions that all factor in.

Here are a couple HIK examples
LTS 2MP Dome & Turret install

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/hikvision-lts-3-4mp-camera-review-example.5449/

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/ip-cameras-multiple-locations.14995/#post-137074

Matrix1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. What are your thought on an NVR for 8 cameras ?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, figure out your cameras first. Then figure out the NVR. You will want to try and do a match set (same manufacture) so that you assure all features (motion, line crossing, etc) will all function. If you start mixing and matching cameras/NVR's you run the risk of only being able to stream the ONVIF video feed and not being able to use any advanced features.