New IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased a Dahua NVR with 4 Starlight Turret cameras from Andy a few weeks back. I was able to install them and get everything working great. I just ordered 2 additional IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS cameras and they arrived. After installing both of them and plugging them into the NVR, one of the cameras is perfect while the other camera has a bright white image on my monitor. That same camera also loses signal and keeps going online and offline. I checked the connections and the Cat5e is solid core cable, same as used on all other Dahua cameras. Does anyone have any ideas on why this may be occurring?

On another note, Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) is a fantastic individual to work with. He is responsive, friendly, and his shipping times from Hong Kong to the USA are faster than Amazon Prime! :) Highly recommend him....

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the other camera has a bright white image on my monitor.
It could be lots of things - but I'd guess it's faulty.

A few months back I bought a 'spares and repairs' Hikvision camera off eBay that had similar symptoms.
On careful inspection, there was a tiny nick at the edge of the flex cable to the sensor.
I bought the same type of flex cable for pennies off Aliexpress and replaced the original.
The camera worked perfectly after that.
That's not to say yours would have the same cause though.

I'd suggest having the dialogue with Andy. He might ask if you'd be comfortable with checking the flex is seated OK before returning it.

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll probably ask Andy. I just swapped the cameras and confirmed my connections and wiring is solid. The same camera still has the issue. What a mystery. :)

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like the camera is in full screen and the shutter is to high at day time ?? Look at the settings in the exposure tab .
The settings are the same on this camera and my others. I only put it in full screen for the picture. The camera keeps going offline and online and only has a white picture. There definitely has to be something going on with the camera.

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like the camera is in full screen and the shutter is to high at day time ?? Look at the settings in the exposure tab .
Also, how did you get this settings screen? I don’t see these options in my NVR software.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, how did you get this settings screen? I don’t see these options in my NVR software.
I don’t use a nvr I use blue iris however you need to know the ip adderss of the camera your having trouble with and type in the ip adderss user name and pw into a browser like chrome

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does it do the white screen at day time and night time ? I was just guessing on what you could check.

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would at least reset the cam back to factory defaults and see if that has any affect.
Thanks, I actually tried that after speaking with Andy. Looks like the sensors may have failed. I was asked to ship it back to Andy they will send a replacement.